Search the forum,

Discuss Concrete screed drying times in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Scott

Is there a general drying time for screed?

I have to dig up a bathroom floor and run new drainage and then tile the floor after. I dont know how deep it will have to beyet, thats the main problem but want ot give the customer an idea of how long it will be before we can finish the floor. I have their other bathroom to price as well so that will take at least another 2 weeks. Is there a rule of thumb like plaster at 1mm a day?

Thanks in advance

Scott

W

White Room

1mm is the standard drying time but who's going to wait that long, I've used green screed adhesive after a week and believe ditra can be fixed after a couple of weeks

D

DHTiling

You could use rapid setting cement.. cures fast and tile quicker..

Or you could use a vapour equalisation membrane like Ditra after around a week..

Apart from that,, it is as you say around 1mm per day

S

Scott

Cheers Mark, potentially it could be 600mm deep :thumbsdown:

Mind you it wont be me tiling it will it...!

S

Scott

You know what i mean, 600mm overall not all screed! Pipe, shingle, hardcore then screed

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
All of the above plus another option - use standard opc cement screed and then a liquid DPM on top after a couple of days.

Reply to Concrete screed drying times in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen