Search the forum,

Discuss Briccolina motor sticking? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

scb1986

The motor on my 110v Briccolina wet cutter sticks every time i turn it off. I have to turn the blade by hand to free it then itll start up fine again but the has to be done every time.

anyone else have this trouble ?

E

enduro

Have you always had this trouble with it? Has the motor got lots of dust etc in it. Also i could be wrong on this but i think some 110v transformers are different power ratings. Is yours powerful enough.

W

White Room

I find a good clean out from underneath helps otherwise the blade tends to stick a little..

S

scb1986

Even when clean it sticks, the motor itself is in and enclosed case so there shouldn't be any dust inside but i think ill strip it down over Xmas and see if anything is binding. Its run of a few different inverters on sites and they don't affect the problem. just wondered if it was common.

D

Daz

I experienced the same thing with my 240v Briccolina last year. As per Mark (Whitebeam) I gave the casing underneath a good clean and that seems to have done the trick. I did notice that the motor was getting very hot and cleaning appeared to help it stay cooler. Regularly changing the water helps, too.

Daz

Reply to Briccolina motor sticking? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Last week I had grouted a bathroom floor of 100x100 porcelain mosaics using Kerakoll...
Replies
Views
OK hear me out. Kitchen floor. Pro tiler. 15mm clearance from top of dishwasher to underside of...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Bathroom being refurbished. A load of things have been rushed like some loosely rollered (not...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen