UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss baton out or cut in? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

P

peckers

I prefer to tile the floor first then cut the bottom row in on one wall then go up from there and complete each wall as i go if this is possible.
I set lazer level to where the top of the tile on the bottom row is going to be then i place tile against floor and wall with back edge off tile facing me then mark 2mm below lazer line then cut them this leaves a 2mm expansion joint between wall and floor!
I hate cutting in bottom row afterwards all in one go i find it tedious, but this is only my view, if the situation doesent allow for this then batton off for me..

B

brian c

Do those who use batons stick the bottom cut in with the floor? Know a tiler who does this and it's a good system as I personally think it looks like a better job with the wall tile coming onto the floor tile.
never done it like that before...at the same time as im tiling the floor,might give that a go.
Prefer to use battens, do floor, then cuts after.
i tend to do walls then floor...just my way of working.

B

brian c

just cut in the first row as im going might think it takes a bit longer but then you dont have to go back to it so really saving time in the long run imo anyway :thumbsup:
thats the way i have been doing it for the past year or so.I find its a good method if the soil pipe is in the wall and not on the floor as trying to put battens up is a no no because of the soil pipe.:thumbsup:

Reply to baton out or cut in? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all , it’s been years since last posted for advice and your methods . My question is this ...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
A question about mitering and matching epoxy colour I'll be working with some pinkish matt...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views
I'm tiling a 20X20 room, and it will require a lot of cuts around the edges. My question: Would...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.