Discuss Basalt - adhesive marks! in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

H

hillhead

I seen this all before,a builder who i'm now his only tiling contractor had me tiling in his own house a few years ago. His front hallway was already tiled in travertine but it had started breaking in places,after my simple investigation it turns out some clown had tiled by dot and dabbing too.He had over an inch below some tiles:yikes:
Costly repair.

C

Ceramico tiling

dot and dab is lazy.There is no excuse,especially if the client doesent mind buying the extra adhesive.:incazzato:

D

DerekHB

Thanks for getting back so quickly!

I think the patches are dispersing and slowly fading 5th day now, attached picture showing the problem.

My suspicion is that the moisture has brought salts up through the tile.
Last night I covered one tile with a puddle of water and left this for a few hours, sponged it up then dried with a hair drier on cool! The patches came back but looking this morning have almost gone with a faint shape of the patch.

Is this normal?

Did you ever fix this spot issue? We have the same, and have never been able to fix it - Can we stain the tiles, or is that too late too, as the tiles are sealed! I suspect we will have to replace them - big job!

Reply to Basalt - adhesive marks! in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks