Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Advice required asap- tile sealer for black starlike floor tiles ?? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

J

jono400

Hi looking to order some off these : Starlight Quartz Black 300x300 - Starlight Quartz Tiles

Now appreciatte that it states that the tiles are pre sealed but still recommends manually sealing them with the MPG Sealer :

quote " They have been pre-sealed, but we do recommend to manully seal the tile with the MPG Sealer also, to protect the tile from standing water, dirt and grime getting into the pours of the tile and causing discolouration.

tiles are obviously black in colour and just wonder if the above would still apply to them ie. would any discolour actually show up with dirt and grime ?? tiles are to be used on the floor off entrance hall / small downstairs bathroom area off the house.

would this size off bottle be enough to do 9 square metres off floor tiles ? - using the 300x300 size tiles.

lastly - again tileshq advise a particular tile adhesive, now just wonder if any adhesive will fix these tiles ie, at the time off measuring up / costing the job our tiler has just advised us to obtain the tiles and sealer if it was required, he would supply the adhesive which I would think is just the stuff he would normally use for laying the floor tiles he does week in week out, any particular reason we would require the one that Tileshq recommens for use with these particular tiles ??

thanks again for any advice given, you have all been very helpful and would be lost with the input / advice which has already been given to me- it is very much appreciatted.

john

D

DHTiling

Re: Advice required asap- tile sealer for black starlike floor tiles ?

You do not seal quartz.. :)

J

jono400

Okay thanks just seems strange that a company such as Tileshq etc would still recommend doing such a thing if its not actually required ??!!

but okay thanks again that great will save me a few quid !!

D

DHTiling

They are resin tiles , so sealer is not required...

R

Rookery

I fixed these tiles for one of my customers recently. Topps sold him a tin of Fila sealer :yikes:

J

jono400

Okay thanks yes that what I am saying most off the sellers claim that yes the tiles are pre sealed but then go on to say they still recommend manually sealing them to prevent staining etc- bit confused why they say that and obviously dont want to regret not having them sealed in the future but again respect your advice and will leave the sealer out off the shopping basket on this ocacsion !!

again any advice regards the grout / adhesive, recommended colour off grout for black tiles within the entrance hall / small bathroom ?? and is a particular brand off adhesive required for use with these quartz tiles or will the tilers everday used stuff do the job ?

P

prceramics

if you seal them with mpg it will just sit on the top and ruin the shine as Dave said no need :)

D

DHTiling

Okay thanks yes that what I am saying most off the sellers claim that yes the tiles are pre sealed but then go on to say they still recommend manually sealing them to prevent staining etc- bit confused why they say that and obviously dont want to regret not having them sealed in the future but again respect your advice and will leave the sealer out off the shopping basket on this ocacsion !!

again any advice regards the grout / adhesive, recommended colour off grout for black tiles within the entrance hall / small bathroom ?? and is a particular brand off adhesive required for use with these quartz tiles or will the tilers everday used stuff do the job ?

They are not pre-sealed... they are man made resin agglomerate tiles than are machined to a shine.. no sealing involved..

J

jono400

Okay thanks mate as you can no doubt work out know nothing about tiles !! hence all the questions but just going by what was written for these tiles on the " TILESHQ " website :

quote "

Please could you let me know if these tiles required any sealing. Many Thanks

They have been pre-sealed, but we do recommend to manully seal the tile with the MPG Sealer also, to protect the tile from standing water, dirt and grime getting into the pours of the tile and causing discolouration.

But again no probs appreciatte that they dont require a sealer thats great again saves me a few quid !

Reply to Advice required asap- tile sealer for black starlike floor tiles ?? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks