Search the forum,

Discuss Advice Requested on tiling a wet room/bathroom in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Fill the walls out with tiling addy and as for the 3mm rise between floor and tray, youll take that out with tiling addy aswell
Why would the op do that? It's all brand new studwork and boarding.
There's no excuse for it to be like that at all!
Should be made to start again. And do it correctly.
And parts would fall beyond sensible capabilities of adhesive, and it's not good practise anyway.
Whether or not it actually works, it'd also void any guarantee from adhesive manufacturers.
And there is the little matter of it being a wetroom, not 3 high around a bath.

average

TF
Reaction score
Why would the op do that? It's all brand new studwork and boarding.
There's no excuse for it to be like that at all!
Should be made to start again. And do it correctly.
And parts would fall beyond sensible capabilities of adhesive, and it's not good practise anyway.
Whether or not it actually works, it'd also void any guarantee from adhesive manufacturers.
And there is the little matter of it being a wetroom, not 3 high around a bath.

No i understand. Probably cheaper to board it again correctly.

Reply to Advice Requested on tiling a wet room/bathroom in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen