Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Advice On Whether This Tiling Is Acceptable? in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Tracie lincoln

I've seen far worse - although it's not a professional standard.
£*** is beyond cheap for a bathroom tiled IMO.

Would you pay £*** to keep friends? If so - let it go!
Learn from experience and move on.

Never - ever employ friends and family unless you value them more than the money they might cost you.

My mate's rate is easy - it's completely free - When I can fit you in - which is probably never!
Yes I know it's mates rates, but I had to do all preparation work removed old tiles and even got wall re bonded so smooth even surface for him, I still expected better job from a professional for my money thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Ian

Yes I know it's mates rates, but I had to do all preparation work removed old tiles and even got wall re bonded so smooth even surface for him, I still expected better job from a professional for my money thanks
Just out of interest, who recommended him? Had you seen some of his other work before you employed him?

T

Tracie lincoln

Just out of interest, who recommended him? Had you seen some of his other work before you employed him?
His wife recommend him, she talked about him doing good work, also he tiled a friends bathroom and kitchen and she was happy with the work, however I only saw pictures from his website and all pics looked good

T

Tracie lincoln

Gutting when things like this happen. Even if you can get it fully rectified, I can't see your friendship being the same again.
:-( sadly yes I can't see our friendship ever being the same now.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Trust a trader and other similar sites are a complete waste of time and offer no guarantee of a decent job. Unfortunately people don't realise this until its too late. Would be interested to know if he sees this!!

T

Tracie lincoln

Trust a trader and other similar sites are a complete waste of time and offer no guarantee of a decent job. Unfortunately people don't realise this until its too late. Would be interested to know if he sees this!!
Hope he does see it! , someone asked if I wud name him! I want to very much but this wud hurt his wife (don't care if it hurts him!) so all I can say is I live in Biggleswade Bedfordshire and so does.........

S

Spare Tool

Very true, they ring me up nearly every week asking if id like to be on there site.."we only have high class professionals on our site" how do they know if your any good, might have only been tiling a week, they don't come out and see your work, just want you to set up a direct debit..

S

StevieBoy

At least he mitred the corners of the trim I'll give him that.

Not good really, definitely would hold back payment until sorted for sure.

Reply to Advice On Whether This Tiling Is Acceptable? in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks