Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Advice On Whether This Tiling Is Acceptable? in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

Tracie lincoln

Hi, I've recently had my bathroom tiled by someone who came highly recommend, well he's not so good at his job after all, and I'd like to show you some pics and ask your opinions on what you all think plz.

DSC_0254.JPG DSC_0251.JPG DSC_0240.JPG DSC_0234.JPG DSC_0233.JPG DSC_0230.JPG DSC_0242.JPG DSC_0247.JPG DSC_0250.JPG DSC_0246.JPG DSC_0243.JPG

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Not good at all. Sometimes it's not possible to get all corners to meet perfectly due to different tile sizes however if that was the case its still possible to make a better job than that! Very poor job in general. Sorry to say but I have seen first time DIY jobs done better

T

Tracie lincoln

I'm pretty sure I could do better cuts with a pair of nippers!
Hi, Thankyou for replies, just as I thought poor job, the tiler is my friends husband, he is suppose to be a professional and is on trust a trader and has his own website too, there is lots of good reviews (none bad) about his work, which leaves me upset as to why he made a bad job of mine, the tiles on Wall are 300mm x 500mm and they are urban concrete from B@Q the floor are Oscano also b@q but the mosaics are from Marabese and we're cheap, he charging me £***and I've given him £***up front, I didn't have to it was my choice, he's coming back to place chip tiles tomorrow and remix mosaics that are not flat, but that's all so the job will still not be to standard I was expecting, I'm not happy and after he's been I feel like saying that I'm not gonna pay him rest of money, means his wife and myself may fall out over this and we've been friends for many years, but she is also to blame as she did grouting and her excuse for chips around window was if I'd had a lighter coloured grout I wud notice chips so much!!!!! Poor excuse, I'm furious to tell truth. :'(

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Ian

Using grout to cover unsightly cuts is not an acceptable excuse. The cuts should be neat whether you have white tiles with white grout, or white tiles with black grout. I wouldn't accept that many errors, no chance. No one who takes pride in their work would ever leave a job in that state.

O

One Day

I've seen far worse - although it's not a professional standard.
£415 is beyond cheap for a bathroom tiled IMO.

Would you pay £*** to keep friends? If so - let it go!
Learn from experience and move on.

Never - ever employ friends and family unless you value them more than the money they might cost you.

My mate's rate is easy - it's completely free - When I can fit you in - which is probably never!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Advice On Whether This Tiling Is Acceptable? in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks