Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Advice On Whether This Tiling Is Acceptable? in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Spud

Have any of you guys used urban concrete ? Not defending this guy but they are very sizey and the glaze is prone to chipping

S

Spare Tool

I'll probably get blasted for saying this but here goes; any professional tiler who needs outfits like trustatrader etc to get work is not going to be at the top of the game. a good tradesman will have a steady stream of work from repeats, referals and recommendations, with no need to advertise at all.
I agree with all of that apart from the last line, I dare say I could possibly get by with previous customer recommendations and trade contacts but...ive only had a website for the past year and the flow of work off it has literally been off the scale since that went online, turning work away till mid Feb at the moment and don't think you can ever have enough potential customers ;)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Have any of you guys used urban concrete ? Not defending this guy but they are very sizey and the glaze is prone to chipping
I have ...and there absolute *****. ....my normal wet cutter ripped the glaze to pieces........Btw there 600x300 wall and floor tile......but I wouldn't recommend it on the floor...
No excuse for a crap job.....as pro tilers you should be able to get round these issues. .

T

Tracie lincoln

This maybe so, but I said to them "if there was a problem with the tiles cutting they should of let me know, I wud of gone and got more", but they didn't say and he put up chipped ones, no excuse for that!

T

Tracie lincoln

I have ...and there absolute *****. ....my normal wet cutter ripped the glaze to pieces........Btw there 600x300 wall and floor tile......but I wouldn't recommend it on the floor...
No excuse for a crap job.....as pro tilers you should be able to get round these issues. .
Only had them as main wall tile, there were good reviews about them on B@Q I looked before I brought them, yes no excuse for crap job.

T

Tracie lincoln

I'll probably get blasted for saying this but here goes; any professional tiler who needs outfits like trustatrader etc to get work is not going to be at the top of the game. a good tradesman will have a steady stream of work from repeats, referals and recommendations, with no need to advertise at all.
Apparently he's always busy so this is why I can't understand why he put no care an thought into doing mine, he's coming back this morning to rectify some of the issues, he can't do them all or he'll have to start from scratch and I don't want him here for another 2 days.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Please dont go posting prices ...

Can you post pics taken a bit further back ?

Imho close up pics highlight probs to be worse than they seem , not saying your cuts are ok but would like to see pics taken a tad further back..

The mosaics are deffo out of line .. If its just a few errors , then they can be corrected to keep all parties satisfied.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Only had them as main wall tile, there were good reviews about them on B@Q I looked before I brought them, yes no excuse for crap job.
I would take the reviews on b&q Web site with a pinch of salt......There a budget tile, very sizey with a thin glaze prone to chipping when trying to cut them....There are ways round that which is why I said there's no excuse for fitting chipped tiles....However your not going to get the abu dhabi 5 star hotel bathroom look !!!

I would be surprised if all this person did was tiling...looks to me like someone that has done some tiling but is way out of his depth with a large tile, difficult to cut and a mosaic boarder...

Reply to Advice On Whether This Tiling Is Acceptable? in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks