Search the forum,

Discuss wood effect tiles, on a kitchen wall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bradburytiling

hey all,

so....iv'e got this customer this month thats wants something a little different. Thats fine by me!! So what she wants is a modern country cream style kitchen, i've already laid the floor (rectangle nautral stone look porcelain,20m2) and the kitchen is being installed at the moment by myself and a carpenter, the only thing i could fault them on about the kitchen is that they are having an oak effect worktop, but she wants to spend out on tiles instead of worktops (thats fine by me) the tiles she has chosen are these..
0351c081.jpg

she has asked me to install them anyway i want, as she trusts my creativety (!!!!) ive already tiled 2 rooms in her house.

I know she wants a feature on the hob area over a range cooker 900mm, and she saw this in the showroom which inspired her...
dcc295e5.jpg

i know she likes the fade, but it doesnt have to be like that.

Here is the plan of the kitchen attached

So ive got about a week to come up with the plan, but...they need to order the tiles tuesday.

The worktop is similar to the middle tile of the picture above.

I was thinking for the hob area, like the side of a boat mismatches in brick bond??? but i'm not sur about the rest...ANY IDEAS GUYS?

cheers ad

Attachments

• wendykitchen.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 18
D

david campbell

a bit too much in my opinion with the worktop and wood effect tiles,i've laid them on a floor and didn't like them much to be honest!
have you thought about what colour of grout you are using?

get some pics when your finished it should be good for opinions:thumbsup:

J

jamie B

i just don't get wood effect tile!!!.have fixed plenty in the past..to me it's like 'alcoholic style beverage'..close but no cigar!..totally don't get it..for the price per m2 you could happily have the real thing!..having said that at least you are earning the dollars and not the chippy..there's no accounting for folk eh?:lol:

J

jamie B

hey all,
so....iv'e got this customer this month thats wants something a little different. Thats fine by me!! So what she wants is a modern country cream style kitchen, i've already laid the floor (rectangle nautral stone look porcelain,20m2) and the kitchen is being installed at the moment by myself and a carpenter, the only thing i could fault them on about the kitchen is that they are having an oak effect worktop, but she wants to spend out on tiles instead of worktops (thats fine by me) the tiles she has chosen are these..
0351c081.jpg

she has asked me to install them anyway i want, as she trusts my creativety (!!!!) ive already tiled 2 rooms in her house.
know she wants a feature on the hob area over a range cooker 900mm, and she saw this in the showroom which inspired her...
dcc295e5.jpg

i know she likes the fade, but it doesnt have to be like that.
Here is the plan of the kitchen attached
So ive got about a week to come up with the plan, but...they need to order the tiles tuesday.
The worktop is similar to the middle tile of the picture above.
I was thinking for the hob area, like the side of a boat mismatches in brick bond??? but i'm not sur about the rest...ANY IDEAS GUYS?
cheers ad

sorry mate, as an afterthought to my rant, I'd probably go for a 1 3rd/ 2 3rd bond with a random length insert every now and then to break the bond futher and give it a less uniform and natural look..hell..it's sp'osed to be wood innit?!:thumbsup:

M

mikethetile

I would stick them random with the colour rather than in bands

you could go brick bond but a herringbone pattern would be interesting if you had the height to make it work

B

bradburytiling

herringbone would be intersting ive never laid tiles like that before, i imagine its head ache!

Reply to wood effect tiles, on a kitchen wall in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
OK hear me out. Kitchen floor. Pro tiler. 15mm clearance from top of dishwasher to underside of...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen