Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Washboy in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

afright

TF
Reaction score
Well just had to buy another Karl Dahm as my old Karl Dahm has now split after having it a number of years and has done me proud,over the years I have had a few WB's did get the Genesis WB last year but that did not last(get what you pay for) must admit the KD is the best out there.

AMC

TF
Reaction score
Well just had to buy another Karl Dahm as my old Karl Dahm has now split after having it a number of years and has done me proud,over the years I have had a few WB's did get the Genesis WB last year but that did not last(get what you pay for) must admit the KD is the best out there.
Does everybody use a washboy , or does anyone still use the old reliable sponge

O

Old Mod

I'm thinking of trying the Karl Dahm, heard a lot of good things.
My Rubi's 9yrs old now and still going strong but getting a little fed up with slipping in to the bucket at least a couple times a job as the sponge dips in between the rollers and pings one off! Haha
Where d'u get your Karl Afright?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
A washboy doesn't half save you time and make it easier for a clean finish. And you can still you a sponge for touch ups.

I'd always use a washboy for floors and nearly always on walls.

Just doesn't make sense to fanny around using all 6 sides of a sponge and keep changing the water.

O

Old Mod

Hey Albert! :)
At the risk of sounding patronising, which I'm not, got to admit I do admire you Albert. I know u have extra challenges to face everyday, and I think you're incredible mate!
Hats off!
I'd give u a thumbs up, but this is the only way I can do it! :D
image.jpg

J

J Sid

I'm thinking of trying the Karl Dahm, heard a lot of good things.
My Rubi's 9yrs old now and still going strong but getting a little fed up with slipping in to the bucket at least a couple times a job as the sponge dips in between the rollers and pings one off! Haha
Where d'u get your Karl Afright?
Still don't think you can beat a old woolen jumper for cleaning grout of the floors the way we used to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

afright

TF
Reaction score
Thanks 3 fall,yes it has been a struggle but still battle on but have cut back on the work,just pick out the easy jobs that are less involving.I remember swabbing the floors with the old bath towel.

S

Spare Tool

Never used the genesis wash boy but I rate their Velcro backed replacement sponges as the best I've tried...tend to take a couple of jobs to 'wear in' but they really seem to hold water a lot better than other sponges and last ages.. great for walls as well as floors

S

Stocks Tiles

I use my Karl dahm wash boy everywhere I go, unless it's tight behind a pipe then it's down to a sponge ;)

Reply to Washboy in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks