Discuss Transition from tiles with UFH to carpet in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Demuss

-
Reaction score
I'm tiling the bathroom floor with UFH heating and was wondering what to use to transition from the tiles in the bathroom to the carpet in the hallway.

The tiled floor will be made up of
addy - 3mm
insulation board - 6mm
UFH with SLC - 5mm
addy 5mm
tiles - 10mm

Total would be approx 29mm for the tile floor thickness. I'm using SLC to cover up and protect the UFH wires before putting down the tiles.

I'll be getting new carpet, but going by the current carpet there'll be an 18mm height difference. The door opens inwards into the bathroom so there's going to be a visible gap on the outside. Is there anyway around this?

What kind of transition bar/strip, method, do I use to go from the carpet to tiles?

Thanks and Happy New Year

Anthony

Reply to Transition from tiles with UFH to carpet in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks