Discuss Tiling on a floating chipboard floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

rtuzuk2

Hi,
I've read posts regards tiling on a floating chipboard floor, i have approx 30mm of polystyrene, with 20mm of chipboard on top. There is damp proof sheet under the polystyrene then concrete under that. There is a small amount of deflection when you walk over the floor.

Is there anyway to screw the chipboard into the concrete floor ? Or is the only alternative to rip out the existing flooring ??

D

DHTiling

If you screwed it down then you would puncture the DPM, and deflection on floating floors is part and parcel of them...If you have the option to screed then i would..but you will probably lose the insulation as you need depth for the screed..but not the end of the world...

Reply to Tiling on a floating chipboard floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I want to tile over a completely new floor. New floor joists have been installed with...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22