Search the forum,

Discuss Tiling on a floating chipboard floor. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

rtuzuk2

Hi,
I've read posts regards tiling on a floating chipboard floor, i have approx 30mm of polystyrene, with 20mm of chipboard on top. There is damp proof sheet under the polystyrene then concrete under that. There is a small amount of deflection when you walk over the floor.

Is there anyway to screw the chipboard into the concrete floor ? Or is the only alternative to rip out the existing flooring ??

D

DHTiling

If you screwed it down then you would puncture the DPM, and deflection on floating floors is part and parcel of them...If you have the option to screed then i would..but you will probably lose the insulation as you need depth for the screed..but not the end of the world...

Reply to Tiling on a floating chipboard floor. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen