Discuss Tiling and walk in shower help in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

BroadN

-
Reaction score
Hi!
we recently bought a new build property and all bathrooms have been tiled fully. The kitchen through to the orangery also has large floor tiles.
The tiler has done an awful job. Lots of chipped tiles, dirty grout marks all over the tiles, missing grout and uneven tiles. A major issue too is that we have a walk in shower, and the gradient of the tiles just doesn’t seem enough to drain the water away leaving a large pool of water after each shower. Does anyone have any advice on this?

I have raised it with the developer and the tiler, and have been told that when tiling a larger area that it’s near impossible to get the floor even. Is this correct? My last house had no raised tiles at all! Whereas here theres at least one raised tile per row.
Also the tiles seem to have been cut very badly around the windows. I am right in thinking that correct tools should be used to ensure a smooth finish aren’t I?

any thoughts/advice to take to the developer would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
Nicky

7B7BB9F6-DA14-4EC7-8CCA-12F79514C926.jpeg
4C935EDC-D88B-44CB-B4C8-5B393A4A7E06.jpeg
9AA31257-D0BA-46DE-BF4A-ECC08CDC2455.jpeg
16B20B3B-702C-48E6-B1B8-FB57C3F169C9.jpeg
5726FFB8-C871-45FF-B620-8D6BFF5D9ADB.jpeg
54AB1017-EFDC-454C-ADB1-4CA24BA4A12F.jpeg
EB34181B-45F6-4820-A0FE-0D0B0DC691D8.jpeg

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Seen alot worse the chippage is minimal on the cuts its very difficult to avoid 100% the tiler needs to invest in quality tooling to improve on this grouting and the Silicone work could be better, new build properties are often tight on price the tiles are supplied by the developer ? so any faulty tiles shouldn't be fitted but obviously in your case they have the tiler has to be in and out quick as possible, that's no excuse for shoddy work and puddling really shouldn't really happen if fitted correctly, I think you will struggle to resolve the issue with the developer but wish you every success .

Reply to Tiling and walk in shower help in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks