Discuss Tiles cracking on new shower nib wall in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Janie

-
Reaction score
Hi, We have recently had our bathroom updated and a new Brick nib wall put in and tiled. Within 6 weeks it had cracked on both sides and metal trim had come away. The bathroom renovator came back and replaced the tiles with new adhesive (type used in pools) but I have noticed after 3 weeks it has cracked again and started coming away from trim. Can you advise if this is an adhesive issue or a brick wall issue or something else. Photos attached. Thanks.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Janie

-
Reaction score
The background the tiles are fixed too.
It is a brick wall, single layer that was built in front of existing brick wall. Floor is concrete. Some of the concrete floor was dug up to put in new drain in shower and replaced with concrete. Drain is very close if not very slightly under the shelf wall (less than1cm)

Reply to Tiles cracking on new shower nib wall in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, A newcomer here and thank you to anyone with the patience to read my drivel. I am...
Replies
Views
Hi I have two questions. First question. My bath is only 700 wide & im only going to tile to...
Replies
Views
I've got some matt white ceramic tiles that have gone grey on the shower wall. Presumably water...
Replies
Views
This is a rather novice question I admit, but I would appreciate some advise. My tiler has...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22