Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss The right grout choice in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Evening guys and girls, quick Q!

I'm doing a polished porcelain floor entrance for a first time builder contact.
I've been brought on far too late to get the 5 bathrooms, large kitchen and utility, living room and dining room tiling. Gutted! But I have been called in to do office and entrance. The entrance hall is the PP.

It's not huge, but has been a nice, intricate-ish floor to do because the client has opted to get a black border in around the perimeter. I'll have the border all done tomorrow, and its starting to come together now.
After speaking to the client for the first time today about his pool, I think we're both on the same page of what he eants or is expecting it to look like.

There's a couple of in progress pictures below. Its had a 4mm grout joint and is over wet UFH.
The border is going to be grouted black. I'm happy with this, the biege PP in the kitchen has been done in jasmine. This is what they want to go for. I dont! I think it looks awful if im honest.
Builder reckons his not for turning when he's made up his mind. I think I can and will, lol.
I want a grout that is as close to the main colour of tile, and was wondering if there is anything that could perhaps have a shine/gloss finish to it out there.effectively I want to distract from the joints as much as possible.

Any ides?
3ugesu3u.jpg

tebegy8e.jpg

Q

Qwerty

Ali, the only thing I can think of is an epoxy grout which has a slightly glossy finish compared to cement?

Reply to The right grout choice in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks