Search the forum,

Discuss Tanking price in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I think its priced about right at what I charge, enough for me to make a bit more and cheap enough to protect the ceilings downstairs, unless the plumber forgets to connect the waste :rolleyes:

I

Ian

£20 per m2 usually gives a decent bit of profit, usually works out anywhere between £100-150 for a shower.

S

Stef

I need to double my price then ;) Do you tell customers what the option is for tanking and cost it as a recommended option?
I just priced a job today & told them that the shower needs waterproofing.
I'm doing a new build starting tomorrow & ive recommended that the upstairs ensuite shower gets a tanking kit but not sure whether the builder wants to pay the extra or not.

O

One Day

I don't price it separately. It's listed in the quote. Discussed beforehand that it'll be included and explained why. If they don't want it, they don't get me.
I normally use kerdi or ardex wpc if i don't get to build the walls. I will build in a days labour to prep an area (ok, it might just be 2 to 3 hours though!) and materials + 40% so anywhere from 200 pounds upwards built onto the price.

Reply to Tanking price in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen