Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Spotting on Victorian/Edwardian Tiles after Cleaning with Tile Restorer in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi,

I cleaned my tiles with Lithothin KF Tile Restorer and spotting has now appeared. I don't want to put anything on top of them until I can somehow even out the colouring to remove the obvious spots. Should I keep cleaning or move to a polish.
Thanks in anticipation.
IMG_1457 (1).jpg
IMG_1456 (1).jpg
IMG_1458 (1).jpg

Reaction score
It may be that something is still stuck in the tile causing that discolouration, possibly old wax, sealer or oil.
Either use that Lithofin cleaner again with a steamer or you could try Lithofin Wax off which does a better job at removing things like that than the detergent.
I would also use an acidic cleaner on the tiles after you have tried the two mentioned above. Acidic cleaners remove things that the strippers mentioned above don’t but the detergents need to be rinsed off or the acid cleaner won’t work.

Agitate with a little scrubbing brush, give things time to soak and be sure to thoroughly rinse all chemical from the tiles. So don’t let things dry dirty.

Reaction score
If you decide to get a steamer then the best one available is an Ewbank steam dynamo for £50 or so. It has the same bar 4.5 pressure as much more expensive ones. The steam forces the cleaning action deep into the tile and will greatly enhance the effectiveness of that Lithofin detergent you used.

Reply to Spotting on Victorian/Edwardian Tiles after Cleaning with Tile Restorer in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
chris14498
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock