Discuss Splitface external corners in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

PMil07

-
Reaction score
Hello, I’ve got a job with 300x160 split face slate, thickness ranges from 15mm to 25mm on the tile. Any advice on how to attack the external corners?
I was thinking of purchasing a wet cutter for a mitre but having played around on a small cutter I’m still not satisfied that it’s going to look brilliant because of the colossal difference in thicknesses.
Any advice?
Many thanks

96F7C4FF-3D34-4C70-8A9E-0E156CA56D6B.png

Reaction score
if I was fitting them id be making sure I was finishing on external corner with a decent size cut then as you say mitre them but make sure you cut them straight and with a wet cutter
you will end up with both sides looking right as there from the same tile

Reaction score
if I was fitting them id be making sure I was finishing on external corner with a decent size cut then as you say mitre them but make sure you cut them straight and with a wet cutter
you will end up with both sides looking right as there from the same tile
also, leave enough overhang for the wall to run out if it does

Reaction score
When I fit them I used a 4 inch grinder and mitre cut them, but not a straight mitre, almost like an external scribe. Try and pick the ones that don't have such a big height difference ...

Reply to Splitface external corners in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks