Discuss Split Face Quartzite Mosaic Tiles sealer for wet look and Silicon Waterseal Masonry Sealer on top to water seal 100%? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi all,
Finding it a little hard to get my head around something and hoping one of you might be able to help/ advise.
I had some Split Face Quartzite Mosaic Tiles and I want to know a few questions.
I want to seal them as best as possible and have them kinda add a wet/darker look to them that's not to glossy any advise on what's best? If glossy is the only way to get them darker/wet look then this will have to be.

My final and most important question is making these water tight. I understand a sealer will make them stain resistant and water repellent to a degree. I want to know if this below will help me in any way to achieve this and if so what order would be best to do it.

1.Silicon where needed
2.Use a natural stone sealer to give me the look I am looking for and protection from stains.
3 Add one or both of these on top after.
Silicon Water Seal Masonry Sealer
JENOLITE Stop Leak Sealer Spray - Waterproof sealant

I am hoping that putting number 3 on with a nice amount sprayed and painted in will help seal the hairline cracks.
What my concern is with already a sealer on what's most likely penetrated the tile will a silicone water seal solution work on top to make them even more watertight?

I hope someone can help.
Many thanks Dan

Reaction score
Would have to be a topical sealer for a wet look. Try HG range.
Hi, Thanks I will have a look into them. do you think when a sealer has gone on that putting Silicon Water Seal Masonry Sealer on top will help make it watertight will it even adder to the stone?
Thanks

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I have used this sealer in the past, to good effect.
image.jpg

Reply to Split Face Quartzite Mosaic Tiles sealer for wet look and Silicon Waterseal Masonry Sealer on top to water seal 100%? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks