Search the forum,

Discuss Rubi or Sigma users. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

TJ Smiler

Rubi for me, but then that's all i have ever used. Could switch the next time i'm purchasing but on a couple of trials with Sigma i just couldn't get the hang of it and found it hard to see my pencil mark on the tile.

mz30

TF
Arms
Reaction score
After using rubi cutters for 15 years I tried a sigma couldn't get the hang of it , got a bit of advice off the sigma users I worked with and have never looked back , am getting fed up of lads who still use rubi asking me to get small cuts off a tile I wouldn't use a rubi cutter now even if you gave me it for free.

Reaction score
After using rubi cutters for 15 years I tried a sigma couldn't get the hang of it , got a bit of advice off the sigma users I worked with and have never looked back , am getting fed up of lads who still use rubi asking me to get small cuts off a tile I wouldn't use a rubi cutter now even if you gave me it for free.

Should have changed the blade after 15 years!!!!!!!. What do you expect.:lol:

mz30

TF
Arms
Reaction score
looks like Rubi have it.. as usual.. the original and the best overall ;-)
I agree with the poll ,just shows how many people who need to be converted :)all the old school tilers I have ever worked with have swore by rubi cutters and they did used to be the best cutters out there,but by being the best brand they rested on there laurels and have been overtaken most rubis I used in the past were solid cutters now they seem to fall apart (nuts come loose etc) they aren't the same cutters as they once were plus with sigma it's one fluid motion scribe snap,with the rubi its scribe then reach for the breaker then snap and if its a small rip off a tile then you have to get your pinchers out,all time consuming to me.

M

m3fitter

I agree with the poll ,just shows how many people who need to be converted :)all the old school tilers I have ever worked with have swore by rubi cutters and they did used to be the best cutters out there,but by being the best brand they rested on there laurels and have been overtaken most rubis I used in the past were solid cutters now they seem to fall apart (nuts come loose etc) they aren't the same cutters as they once were plus with sigma it's one fluid motion scribe snap,with the rubi its scribe then reach for the breaker then snap and if its a small rip off a tile then you have to get your pinchers out,all time consuming to me.

hmmmm. not on my Rubi's.... maybe you're using the incorrect size wheel for the porc's / tiles ?? or incorrect cutter TX / TS etc..

Reply to Rubi or Sigma users. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen