Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Re-grouting job shows up cowboy work in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Started as a re grout and now....

Obvs the whole wall is gonna have to come off as well as those really nice green tiles behind, but what's the best course of action for that nasty crack on the wall.

Cheers
Peace out
Muff. 20181017_090850.jpg 20181017_090838.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
So this is what we have under those on trend avocado tiles,

Correct me if I'm wrong but could I plug and screw mesh over the cracked area and stick with board and tile away?

Thanks
Peace out
Muff.

20181017_112818.jpg

W

Waluigi

Depends what’s caused the crack. Sometimes they occur when extensions or alternations are done or subsidence.

Provided there is no further movement, I would dot and dab either plasterboard or tile backer board. Depending on weight of tiles.

Reaction score
Depends what’s caused the crack. Sometimes they occur when extensions or alternations are done or subsidence.

Provided there is no further movement, I would dot and dab either plasterboard or tile backer board. Depending on weight of tiles.

Thanks for the reply, they have had an extension earlier in the year so I was thinking that something must have dropped slightly. I'll find out what tiles they are having and dab to suit!

W

White Room

If the they used thermalite blocks for the extension about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike for tiling on.
As already recommended dry wall would be the best option.

Reaction score
If the they used thermalite blocks for the extension about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike for tiling on.
As already recommended dry wall would be the best option.

Yeh what seems to have happened is a wall was taken out downstairs directly under the wall these tile are on (were on) and a steel put in, at some point the wall has dropped and hey presto off come the tiles! Thanks for the reply

Reply to Re-grouting job shows up cowboy work in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks