Search the forum,

Discuss Prep for ensuite floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

Retroelec

Hi.
Need to tile ensuite floor in extension which has currently got new T&G floorboards down.
Am having underfloor heating, one of the Prowire kits from Topps which suggest you put down a thermal backing board (6 mm or 10mm) that they sell.
Could they be fixed straight on the floorboards?
Or would you suggest that I ply over the floorboards then fix these boards to that and if so what size ply should I go for?

Thanks

Dab_18

TF
Reaction score
Argee with what mark frost says, As I believe topps sell warm up thermal boards (or did when I worked there) assuming the t&g floorboards are solid and well screwed down, using a 10mm thermal board there will be no need for ply,

Reply to Prep for ensuite floor in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello all, After years of abuse, the bathroom needed an overhaul from top to bottom. Out...
Replies
Views
I'm about to start on an upstairs wetroom. There will be wet underfloor heating going in via...
Replies
Views
We are currently re-doing our bathroom. Everything has been stripped back. Property is a 1930's...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I’m ripping out a failed existing tiled floor. Tiles had not been back buttered so...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I came across this forum searching for info so my first post. I'm renovating 1890's...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen