Discuss plumbers.... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mr Tiler

I don't know if plumbers prices are allowed on here but can a couple of people send me some inboxes on how much plumbers charge for removing a sink and basin and replacing thanks

M

Mr Tiler

no I have to quote a bathroom floor but I want thye basin and toilet removed and placed back same day matey ;)

O

One Day

If I was the plumber asked to do that it would be full day rate.
What do you expect him to do in between time while you're tiling??
Surely DIY?

beanz

TF
Reaction score
This is something you really need to learn for yourself mate. Plumbers are expensive, and can be unreliable, which will cost you in time. I'll pm you what I would charge to do it as part of the tiling job.. ;)

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
This is something you really need to learn for yourself mate. Plumbers are expensive, and can be unreliable, which will cost you in time. I'll pm you what I would charge to do it as part of the tiling job.. ;)

Nooooo can do beanz tilers tile plumbers plumb plasterers plaster , you gonna open a whole new can o beanz son

M

Mr Tiler

If I was the plumber asked to do that it would be full day rate.
What do you expect him to do in between time while you're tiling??
Surely DIY?

I don't exactly know what your getting at mate? I can tile and for now that is all il be doing until I do learn and tbh after watching a plumber do it a few times no doubt il be able to do it unles it involves cutting pipes etc that is a plumbers job and id rather pay a plumber to do it... I was just asking what I should be expecting to pay a plumber for doing the job requested if its a full days pay that's fine with me it will go on the quote and ive already had a few quotes and they have been a day rate that is why I asked ;/....

- - - Updated - - -

Nooooo can do beanz tilers tile plumbers plumb plasterers plaster , you gonna open a whole new can o beanz son 

one day widler one day mate! lol think fore now its tiling that I need to stick too

P

prceramics

If it has isolation valves on it is Easy buddy if not get a plumber you can tell the customer to arrange for there own plumber to remove before you start and replace after you finish

T

Time's Ran Out

No harm in asking but you'd be better off just quoting for the tiling and getting the customer to arrange for their own plumber! That way you don't have to deduct tax, and pay before you get paid for doing the job!

M

Mr Tiler

No harm in asking but you'd be better off just quoting for the tiling and getting the customer to arrange for their own plumber! That way you don't have to deduct tax, and pay before you get paid for doing the job!

I wouldn't pay before being paid anyway mate lol... but I suppose it would be better cheers... whatever happens on a job in particular the floor will have to come up as the tiles are on floor boards

T

Time's Ran Out

I wouldn't pay before being paid anyway mate lol... but I suppose it would be better cheers... whatever happens on a job in particular the floor will have to come up as the tiles are on floor boards
So you finish the job , the plumber fits the sanitary ware back and the customer makes you wait for your money!
'oh sorry Mr plumber but I can't pay you till I've been paid! Real world.

M

Mr Tiler

So you finish the job , the plumber fits the sanitary ware back and the customer makes you wait for your money!
'oh sorry Mr plumber but I can't pay you till I've been paid! Real world.

well i supplied the materials for this job and didn't get paid until the fitter who employed me had been paid mate

Reply to plumbers.... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’ve just crossed over from the plumbers forum for some tiling advice as I’m in the process...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, Im a plumber who also fits bathrooms and kitchens, thats the tiling part! Based...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Marley