Discuss Opinions On A Cracked Basin Please? (solved) in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
When I eventually get round to tiling my own ensuite (just got back from me hollybobs and have rest of week free so will get the tray down, shower valves and finish first fix tomorrow).
Having a mare finding tiles I really like, CTD have some that I like the look of in their brochure and are getting some in so I can see them in the flesh - hope I don't like them as even with 40% off they're pricey (to me anyway)

If I do like them then I will be going for 80x80s on the floor and 80x40s on the walls. Tiny room so most will be cuts. Will be matching joints on floor and walls as I like and appreciate that look when the tiles allow even if it compromises the set out slightly. My question is do you guys think that look is weakened if you go for same tile but different shade on the floor to the walls rather than one shade for the lot. Or are you of the opinion it really doesn't matter?

I

Italy

When I eventually get round to tiling my own ensuite (just got back from me hollybobs and have rest of week free so will get the tray down, shower valves and finish first fix tomorrow).
Having a mare finding tiles I really like, CTD have some that I like the look of in their brochure and are getting some in so I can see them in the flesh - hope I don't like them as even with 40% off they're pricey (to me anyway)

If I do like them then I will be going for 80x80s on the floor and 80x40s on the walls. Tiny room so most will be cuts. Will be matching joints on floor and walls as I like and appreciate that look when the tiles allow even if it compromises the set out slightly. My question is do you guys think that look is weakened if you go for same tile but different shade on the floor to the walls rather than one shade for the lot. Or are you of the opinion it really doesn't matter?
Hello.
I think that if small bathroom.
1 single color. seem larger bathroom.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

in a small room i like to use the floor tile to create a feature wall gives the room length and height and lighter tile on the other three walls

DSC09856.JPG DSC09857.JPG DSC09861.JPG

C

Colour Republic

What you are proposing I do all the time. But it has to be in context, can look great can look amazing, can also look s**t.

Pics of the room and what suite/furniture are you using?

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
What you are proposing I do all the time. But it has to be in context, can look great can look amazing, can also look s**t.

Pics of the room and what suite/furniture are you using?

Room's too bloody small to get decent pics. Took them any way :
20160420_183948.jpg

20160420_184249.jpg

20160420_184404.jpg

20160420_184026.jpg

20160420_184103.jpg

20160420_184125.jpg

20160420_184221.jpg

20160420_184208.jpg

Scale drawing helps more
20160420_190141.jpg

The dotted lines represent 5 cut down 80x80s.
80x40s will go on the walls.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Potential tiles if I like them:

For the floor and back wall (if I use Ray's idea):
b0034720_2_[1].jpg

b0034723_2_[1].jpg

other 3 walls:
b0034724_2_[1].jpg

If I'm not too keen on the lighter shade then I'll use the darks throughout

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Tray is your standard low level 1000x800 quadrant. Not chosen screen yet.
Tiny toilet and basin
ae235[2].jpg
51nPSszqsdL._SL1500_[1].jpg
717HxkyPbZL._SL1500_[1].jpg
81zK5oiUg3L._SL1400_[1].jpg

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've just done one with a porcelain floor that looks like a polished cast iron. The colour used on the walls was like a very pale grey that looks like concrete, used a Mapei Moon White 103 for grout and silicon.

I don't think the two tiles you have chosen go well together IMO, I think it needs to be more of a contrast.

IMG_1304.JPG IMG_1313.JPG

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
PS @macten you don't want to spend too much time sat of that loo either, not a natural shape. I have a rental with that shaped loo and they are always telling me how uncomfortable it is, best go for rounded.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I want it dark so can't have anything too contrasting. Won't know till I've seen them in the flesh but if they don't go well together I'll opt for all dark .
I don't personally like bright bathrooms (I know that's weird)

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
PS @macten you don't want to spend too much time sat of that loo either, not a natural shape. I have a rental with that shaped loo and they are always telling me how uncomfortable it is, best go for rounded.

Only bog I can source that will fit - has to be a close coupled space saver. I've already sat on it and it felt fine - maybe my arse isn't a natural shape!

Reply to Opinions On A Cracked Basin Please? (solved) in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, would like some advice. I'm currently tiling an ensuite. I'm using 60 x 30 tiles. I have...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for solid answer or opinion. We had some windows removed on an exterior wall and...
Replies
Views
Hi all I was hoping to get your opinions / thoughts on some work done in the kitchen by the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay