Discuss Now you've had a play with it what do you think? in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Could be phone Tony, not saying it is but I've just switched from Windows phone to Nokia and it's unbelievable how much better forum runs on this one, on old phone if there was more than one photo in a thread the page would keep reloading over and over till I gave up, it also struggled with emojis... But now :):athleticshoe::bikini::briefcase::closedumbrella::dress::)

Now that's just showing off Andy, talk about kicking a man while he is down! :D

It used to work, the phone isn't too old and when i use emojis from the phone option rather than the reply box they generally don't show up either o_O

O

Old Mod

when i use emojis from the phone option rather than the reply box they generally don't show up either o_O

What you mean you can’t do this Anthony?

s3955.gif

s1464.gif

s4226.gif

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I've just recently not been able to add emoji's when using on my phone, If i click on the emojis on the forum reply box nothing happens.

I use Android (Samsung S7) so unsure if it's just me or others also?
Use the emoji in the forum keyboards first click the smiley face in the main font / text options.

:):katanasa::):briefcase::closedumbrella::dress::kimono::lipstick::mansshoe::mansshoe::schoolsatchel::womansclothes::(:mad::confused::eek::oops:
Now that's just showing off Andy, talk about kicking a man while he is down! :D

It used to work, the phone isn't too old and when i use emojis from the phone option rather than the reply box they generally don't show up either o_O
Phone keyboard ones never worked and never will.

But the ones in the forum reply box work and always have and always will. :p:cool::mad::(:oops::confounded::astonished:

O

Old Mod

@Dan does the auto merge have to work if you’re quoting/replying to someone?
Well, 2 different people anyway.

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Use the emoji in the forum keyboards first click the smiley face in the main font / text options.

:):katanasa::):briefcase::closedumbrella::dress::kimono::lipstick::mansshoe::mansshoe::schoolsatchel::womansclothes::(:mad::confused::eek::oops:

Phone keyboard ones never worked and never will.

But the ones in the forum reply box work and always have and always will. :p:cool::mad::(:oops::confounded::astonished:

Yeah that's what I was saying doesn't work. I knew the phone ones didn't but even the forum keyboard reply box emojis do nothing for me now. I click and nothing happens

No @3_fall i can't even get a static emoji nevermind a fancy one like yours : (
Have you just done something @Dan ? It suddenly just started working after me typing that reply :tearsofjoy:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
In the top text bar on the forum there is the button for bold and italic and underlined. Then on the right there is one to add a link, one for a picture, one for a video, and one for smilies.

Click that and a new box pops up at the bottom with smilies in. Do those pop up for you?

It's nothing to do with your phone. They are stored on the forum and load from the forum. Ignore your Google keyboard ones. It's the forum text area.
Screenshot_20190823-194818.png

S

Spare Tool

Off topic but keep getting a pop up asking if I want to enable push notifications...what's that all about? @Dan

F

Flintstone

Means you get a notification like you would when receiving a text message if some one replies on here or messages etc

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Yeah I wasn't using the ones from my own keyboard, it was from forum own text box. I was just mentioning I knew my own didn't work but then neither had been. Its these ones circled but it's working now somehow...
20190823_200019.jpg

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Geoff, I think that was actually it! I started pressing everything to see if the rest was working OK after Dan replied and they came back to life :)

User error that is called mate lol
Off topic but keep getting a pop up asking if I want to enable push notifications...what's that all about? @Dan
Enable it mate. It lets you know if you have had a reply to a thread. You can disable it via your phone in the actual notification if it annoys you.

Reply to Now you've had a play with it what do you think? in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks