Discuss Now you've had a play with it what do you think? in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

There adverts all over and no matter what you close they just re appear 2 mins later

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Am I the only one finding all these advertisements bloody annoying..?

And yes, I know they pay for the forum, and without them Dan won't make his first million.........but still, there bloody annoying ! :(

Me too, more the fact there are adverts breaking up the thread and reply box.
:mad:

T

Time's Ran Out

If the adverts had been here in 2006 when the forum first started nobody would have minded!
It can’t be upsetting members enough that there is a rush of subscriptions.
It’s still the best place to spend that down time.
Enjoy.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've noticed the forum drop off , certainly isn't as busy as I used to be, I know in the summer it tends to go quite ...... But, the adverts certainly put me off.... can't make head nor tail where I am half time, far to cluttered imo....

F

Flintstone

Screenshot_20190601_183348_com.android.chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190601_183405_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screen shot from one page, adds at top and halfway down the forum list

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
How many less adds are there if you pay then?

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
There seems to be less adverts on the .com version.

D

Dumbo

I have changed to the .com site but can you remove from the .com that big header that says about having to login as I have done that

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
The ads are back to normal now.

When we switched domain names Google had to review the .com as a brand new site. And one way to get them to do it quickly is to enable all ads so they see what revenue they're losing by delaying the review.

I was on holiday with poor internet connection so couldn't sort it until now.

If you're logged in, you should see very few ads, and if you subscribe you see non at all.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I have said a fair few times that we're not complete yet. Still need to work on a few important things like JOTM and the Tilers Directory which I both want automated. The Tilers Directory I want to be part of the profile pages. So basically we select what area we're from out of a drop down list on our profile pages, and those members get shown when people search via the drop down list. Make it more part of the forum and automated.

The JOTM I'll ask for some suggestions when I get back on that. That will need my full attention.

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I've just recently not been able to add emoji's when using on my phone, If i click on the emojis on the forum reply box nothing happens.

I use Android (Samsung S7) so unsure if it's just me or others also?

S

Spare Tool

Could be phone Tony, not saying it is but I've just switched from Windows phone to Nokia and it's unbelievable how much better forum runs on this one, on old phone if there was more than one photo in a thread the page would keep reloading over and over till I gave up, it also struggled with emojis... But now :):athleticshoe::bikini::briefcase::closedumbrella::dress::)

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
They still putting Snake on the Nokia’s....

Reply to Now you've had a play with it what do you think? in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks