Search the forum,

Discuss Norton Clipper TT200EM in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DrayTek

Just bought one of these , using it for the first time and have found that the cutting guide doesn't tighten up fully and slips when trying to cut a tile, as a temporary solution i've had to stick a piece of cardboard under the locking bar. Has anyone else got a similar problem with this ? or better still has anyone got a solution to fix the problem ?

Ed.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

True Tiling

I don't really understand why anybody would use a guide on a wet cutter, unless doing mitres. I use one on a manual cutter (occasionally), but it's extremely rare that the same sized cut will fit an entire course due to poor plastering and out of square/level rooms. Even then, a manual cutter would be employed after marking the tile using a ruler and pencil. A wet cutter is only needed for gun-cuts, like a grinder is for plunge-cuts.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the use of the guides but I do use it on my Clipper SMS251 for ripping trav,marble etc. I use for Mitres too but I tend to use the grinder especially on hard porcelain. We've always had clipper saws and they're all still going well, dad has one that must be 25year old + . It did need a little welding to water tank but apparently on inspection the motor was like new :)

Reply to Norton Clipper TT200EM in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.