Search the forum,

Discuss Norton Clipper TT200EM in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DrayTek

Just bought one of these , using it for the first time and have found that the cutting guide doesn't tighten up fully and slips when trying to cut a tile, as a temporary solution i've had to stick a piece of cardboard under the locking bar. Has anyone else got a similar problem with this ? or better still has anyone got a solution to fix the problem ?

Ed.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Time's Ran Out

I've got a Norton and your right it is a problem we've also had!
My solution was to bin the rail.
Apart from that its the best little cutter £for£ I've had since I replaced my Rubi 2 years ago.(had that 18 years)
I'll soon have enough money from my pension ( and winter fuel allowance) to get a Dewalt:lol:

D

DrayTek

ah so its a common problem, well at least that saves me trying to get a new rail, guess i'll just make sure i carry a piece of cardboard around with me at all times :yikes:, that and a stick of chewing gum for when i inevitably lose the plug. Many thanks for the replies.

Nice photos on both your web sites btw.

Ed.

D

diamondtiling

A good solution would be to buy a Sigma.

:thumbsup:

I fully expect to be bombarded by the rubi brigade.

:lol:

D

DrayTek

I put the cardboard between the locking rail and the saw btw , locks it off nicely and prevents it slipping. Will get round to a more lasting bodge soon.

T

True Tiling

I don't really understand why anybody would use a guide on a wet cutter, unless doing mitres. I use one on a manual cutter (occasionally), but it's extremely rare that the same sized cut will fit an entire course due to poor plastering and out of square/level rooms. Even then, a manual cutter would be employed after marking the tile using a ruler and pencil. A wet cutter is only needed for gun-cuts, like a grinder is for plunge-cuts.

Reply to Norton Clipper TT200EM in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen