Search the forum,

Discuss Rubi TS Plus or TP in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rob F

Hi Guy's

I'm looking at buying a new Rubi....I like them so sticking with them. I like how the TS plus works, even on porc unless its hulk style porc over 15mm that doesn't want to break! but I've not seen or tried a TP.

Looking at the TP 93-S it seems like a good buy in comparison to the TS seeing as it offers a longer cut length, higher breaker of 1000kg, up to 20mm thick cut, multi-point point breaker (handy for the tough stuff) and shock absorption base.

Although the TP-T has three point breaker adjustment I do prefer to push cut rather than pull so would go for the "S" model

I'm very much used to using cutters with dual bar guide and the ability at any height to see the cut line clearly but I just wondered if anyone has used both and has a preference??....just seems a lot of advantage on the TP model and not hugely difference in the price.

Oh, is it me or does the TP have a very similar look to the big blue!

Cheers
Rob.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Spare Tool

Seriously mate and this isn't a dig at Rubi cuz I have a ts 500 + and 600 but the TP is the biggest crock of plastic junk I've ever had the misfortune to buy/use, persevered with it, new score wheels blah blah but its rubbish, flogged mine on ebay n bought a sigma and for an extra £30 its a no brainer..

S

Spare Tool

Ps...this is how it copped with a standard 10mm textured porc L-cut
WP_20150122_001.jpg

R

Rob F

Seriously mate and this isn't a dig at Rubi cuz I have a ts 500 + and 600 but the TP is the biggest crock of plastic junk I've ever had the misfortune to buy/use, persevered with it, new score wheels blah blah but its rubbish, flogged mine on ebay n bought a sigma and for an extra £30 its a no brainer..

.........WHAT....wouldn't have thought that..... cheers Andy, you having the hands on, that's pretty much swayed me off the TP for sure.

Yep, multi-point breaker makes sense, although I've not had an issue with single point, not yet anyway.....tougher porc lurks I recon!!!

Cheers guys, tinternet surfing here we come :)

Rob

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

Ps...this is how it copped with a standard 10mm textured porc L-cut View attachment 75258
what you see here is a is an unbalanced cut and the most inportant thing with any cutter is you can balance the cut with a quick clean scibe any stopping point for a microw second will load presure at that point and follow the weak point of the tile so will shard off .if you cant scibe in one even run with even presure you are using the wrong cutter

S

Spare Tool

.........WHAT....wouldn't have thought that..... cheers Andy, you having the hands on, that's pretty much swayed me off the TP for sure.

Yep, multi-point breaker makes sense, although I've not had an issue with single point, not yet anyway.....tougher porc lurks I recon!!!

Cheers guys, tinternet surfing here we come :)

Rob
Just search sigma in the size you want mate...you won't be disappointed, I got the 720 klick klock and flipped the handle over so pushing against the back stop, guess I'm used to a rubi, my mate don't like the handle my way round and insists its wrong but I prefer it...mind you he don't know where it plugs in, sorry whole nother thread ;)

S

Spare Tool

what you see here is a is an unbalanced cut and the most inportant thing with any cutter is you can balance the cut with a quick clean scibe any stopping point for a microw second will load presure at that point and follow the weak point of the tile so will shard off .if you cant scibe in one even run with even presure you are using the wrong cutter
I only got one pic of how that cutter performed on a variety of different tiles but the result was always the same, might have cut one in 3 or 4 tiles bob on but 75% of the time it wasn't up to the job, been cutting 20 mil off 300 end of 12mm porc today with the sigma and every time you scribe and flip the handle you know in the back of your mind its gonna snap on the line, with the rubi you knew it wouldn't. IMHO having persevered with it a few months I think its down to the plastic handle and small breaker on the TP..

R

Rob F

Just search sigma in the size you want mate...you won't be disappointed, I got the 720 klick klock and flipped the handle over so pushing against the back stop, guess I'm used to a rubi, my mate don't like the handle my way round and insists its wrong but I prefer it...mind you he don't know where it plugs in, sorry whole nother thread ;)

Think I'll have a look and check out options, yep, I'm used to pushing, but also being able to see the scribe line, although Sigma's do get highly rated and advised to go for, thanks for your help Andy, appreciated mate :)

S

Spare Tool

No worries am glad you won't have to go through the disappointment...and wasted time and tiles I did :(

Reply to Rubi TS Plus or TP in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen