Discuss Never used a grinder to cut tiles... in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

I'd be really interested to see a Porcel-thin cut on a Sigma 10m9 or a Raimondi GS86.
Both top quality wet saws - high speed and zero wobble.
What's the speed of the 10m Mark?
Certainly won't cut on my DX350
I've managed it with my TC180 but that's around twice the speed and its blade dependant.

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Old Mod

I'd be really interested to see a Porcel-thin cut on a Sigma 10m9 or a Raimondi GS86.
Both top quality wet saws - high speed and zero wobble.
I thought you said 10m was high speed mate? :D
It's 2800/3400 the DX is 2800 TC 5800rpm.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It's been a couple of months now using the grinder...
And I wish I got one years ago !!
Been cutting porcelain tiles today...so much easier than messing about with the wet cutter.
Not sure how it's going to work in the winter when it's -2 And pouring down..
Only criticism is the bloody dust....got to be carefull where your cutting....make sure it's no where near the customer washing on the line....or the brand new car ..!!

B

Blunt Tool

I must be lucky as I use my Rubi nd200 inside all the time and no mess splish splash not in a bath etc etc

D

Dumbo

Really..?
I got an nd200 and wouldn't dream of using it in a customer house...not with the amount of water that comes off it....and don't get me started on filling the bloody water tray up..!!
You can use a paint roller tray with those easy to fill

B

Blunt Tool

Really..?
I got an nd200 and wouldn't dream of using it in a customer house...not with the amount of water that comes off it....and don't get me started on filling the bloody water tray up..!!
I took @whitebeam advice and got a paint tray so that it sticks out a bit so easy to refill, I must be lucky as my nd200 and briccolina are clean as a NASA lab!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I took @whitebeam advice and got a paint tray so that it sticks out a bit so easy to refill, I must be lucky as my nd200 and briccolina are clean as a NASA lab!
This springs to mind when I use mine..
20170731_230842.png

B

Blunt Tool

I do use grinders aswell, horses for courses and all that but will have to try and get used to not using grinders very much in the future

Reply to Never used a grinder to cut tiles... in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks