Discuss Never used a grinder to cut tiles... in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

I

Italy

10" Estrattore Ventilatore Aspiratore Soffiatore Garage Industriale ventola 25cm - http://www.ebay.it/itm/10-Estrattore-Ventilatore-Aspiratore-Soffiatore-Garage-Industriale-ventola-25cm-/282396572878?hash=item41c025bcce&_uhb=1

Buy one of these,
And problems solved, they also have a 5 ml tube,
to carry the dust away.
But do as you please,
When I speak, do not listen to anyone,
It's been since I'm here that I say:
The grinder is better than wet cutting, excluding stones (which
Some times it is better to wet it).
The grinder always wins.
are 15 years I sold the last wet cutting.

O

Old Mod

IMG_0384.JPG

W

WetSaw

Just be careful when using a grinder without the guard on. Touched the tip of my finger on the blade which made me twitch and touch my knee!! 20170801_233255.jpg

W

WetSaw

Why would you use a grinder without a guard!
Ouch! That looks nasty Paul.

I haven't used a guard for years, naughty I know but always wear goggles cutting anything and usually gloves cutting metal. I just find the guard gets in the way and this is the first ( and hopefully last ) time I've ever injured myself which was my own fault for trying to do stuff when tired, trying to get a job finished and not concentrating properly. In fact I cocked up the cut anyway so ended up packing up and going home.

O

Old Mod

I haven't used a guard for years, naughty I know but always wear goggles cutting anything and usually gloves cutting metal. I just find the guard gets in the way and this is the first ( and hopefully last ) time I've ever injured myself which was my own fault for trying to do stuff when tired, trying to get a job finished and not concentrating properly. In fact I cocked up the cut anyway so ended up packing up and going home.
Was that recent then?

O

Old Mod

I did it Friday. I've been rather busy lately and tomorrow is my first day off in 20 long days. I must learn to say no!
Same same mate, had a job run seriously over schedule cos of changes I wasn't aware of until the day, and it's caused nothing but serious heartache and a £2500.00 floor! :(
Still playing catch up now.
And it hurts.

O

Old Mod

I did it Friday.

Does look like you had a bit of a squeeze tbh, sure it could of been a lot lot worse.
There was a guy on builders talk group coupe weeks ago that actually severed his hand almost completely off with a 9" grinder, cut clean thro bone as well!
They saved it tho, very graphic photos. Ewwwww!

W

WetSaw

If I'd have been wearing trousers I suspect I'd have got away with it, shorts are not so forgiving!
I'm a right scaredy pants with the chainsaw if that's any relief. I always think the chain's going to fly off and take my head with it.

O

Old Mod

If I'd have been wearing trousers I suspect I'd have got away with it, shorts are not so forgiving!
I'm a right scaredy pants with the chainsaw if that's any relief. I always think the chain's going to fly off and take my head with it.
Haha it's not funny of course, dangerous bloody tools, but not as dangerous as some of the tools that use them! :D
Present company accepted of course! :)

Reply to Never used a grinder to cut tiles... in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks