Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss need to cut a 65mm hole in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

H

howard

hi guys
i need to cut a 65mm hole in a porcelain tile ive checked out the 365 drills but its not worth buying for a one off job any ideas how to do this
cheers
howard

O

Olz

Hire shop maybe ?

Or a very nice tiling friend in your area who may have one he / she could lend you?

Oli

NickH

TF
Reaction score
How tidy does it have to be ? If its going to be covered you could use a 4 inch grinder to cut through from both sides in an asterix pattern, if you know what I mean, and try to nibble the rest out.

H

howard

How tidy does it have to be ? If its going to be covered you could use a 4 inch grinder to cut through from both sides in an asterix pattern, if you know what I mean, and try to nibble the rest out.
its for a flush button on a toilet i have about 5mm to play with

B

brian c

I agree with Nick,use a grinder or set out to half the hole with two tiles if its not too late.

O

Olz

Just price the hole cutter in with the job..........:thumbsup:

Cousin is a Pluber and Gas Fitter, he often does this, if the tool he needs is expensive he sacrifices some profit margin, but next time he needs it he has it so no biggy really.

He has some expensive kit for gas flow testing and stuff, all of the cost is absorbed into jobs here and their, He just whacks stuff on the credit card and pays it off after the job, earns cashback / loyalty points on the credit card too.

D

DHTiling

Then get the customer to order the hole cutter if they want it done......then they might be kind and give it to you once done......:grin:

H

howard

the hole needs to be in the center of the tile the walls have already been tiled by someone else
----
Then get the customer to order the hole cutter if they want it done......then they might be kind and give it to you once done......:grin:
yeah already thought of that dave but only as a last resort

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bigandy

i agree with above explain to customer what is needed even show them 35's site and how much they charge for drilling the hole!!get them to buy it you drill it and get to keep the bit in return? or a lot of mess with grinder and the possibility of marking the tile beyond the area needed if a grinder is used. i am sure they will understand

H

howard

i spoke to the customer today and told him how much it would cost for the drill bit he has agreed to pay for it and said i could keep it after :thumbsup:

Reply to need to cut a 65mm hole in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks