Search the forum,

Discuss Mapei Ultraplan Eco leveling compound. Can you use it with UFH? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

dingabell

As above really. Is it OK to use this over electric under floor heating?
Is it any good?
Cheers.

S

Stef

I hope so as I'm using it today if my heat mat gets delivered.
It is ok, it states that it can be used over ufh on top of an anhydrite screed.
Double check with Mapei technical 1st though.
It's really good to use & it finds it's level easily.

R

Rookery

As far as I remember, I didn't think it was ok for ufh though I may be wrong. I use Mapei Renovation screed for such jobs. If it is ok I might start using it cos its about a fiver a bag cheaper than Reno which is a significant saving on a pallet.

S

Stef

As far as I remember, I didn't think it was ok for ufh though I may be wrong. I use Mapei Renovation screed for such jobs. If it is ok I might start using it cos its about a fiver a bag cheaper than Reno which is a significant saving on a pallet.

I meant to phone Mapei tech today to double check for the Eco & forgot.
I ended up using 2 bags of Eco as the floor is way out & that's before I install the heat mat.
Will Phone tech in the morning & check, I usually use renovation screed but if they say it's ok then i know what I'm using..
Must say though this floor I'm doing is over a screed & is not a wooden floor, if it's wood then I'm certain you must use renovation screed..

Q

Qwerty

Never used it myself as always use Ultraplan Renovation Screed. Here are the tech specs....
http://www.mapei.com/public/GB/products/513_Ultraplan Eco_UK.PDF

My understanding from this is that it can be used over UFH within a screed, but not worded the same as the renovation screed which says "suitable for use with UFH"

Deffo a call to mapei tech!!! [emoji1]

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410464805.166193.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410464816.714795.jpg

S

Stef

I know what you mean as I read both today,
I will give tech a phone in the morning to double check.
I levelled out a floor today with Eco to put the heat mat on top.
I carry stock of both in my garage so whatever needs used it's there..

D

dingabell

I would be very interested to hear what you find out.
I have over boarded a timber floor with 18mm ply and have now fixed thermal board to it.
I'm hoping to level it on Monday. Was recommended the leveling compound in the tile shop to go over UFH but would like to know for sure that it's OK before I go ahead?

S

Stef

I forgot to phone technical, I levelled out the floor with Eco then fitted the heat mat & used renovation screed to cover the wires.
If you are over timber then you will need to use renovation screed as Eco doesn't have any flex in it, it's only for over a screed.
The floor I'm fitting the mat to is a small utility room over screed.

R

Rookery

......as Eco doesn't have any flex in it, it's only for over a screed
That's how I've always read it. It's not flexible so not suitable for UFH. Great for levelling a solid floor though.
I'll be interested in what Mapei tech tell you.

Q

Qwerty

I used Ultraplan Eco this morning on part of an old screed to level it ready for next week. This stuff is great to use. Mixes really well and so smooth to the point I had to double check that I hadn't used too much water as I'm used to Renovation screed consistency. It poured & levelled perfectly and has set nicely. I'm going to be using this on all solid (non heated) floors from now on.
Left the remainder in the gorilla tub to set and knock out and it's rock solid already!

Reply to Mapei Ultraplan Eco leveling compound. Can you use it with UFH? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen