Discuss Larsen Adhesive info... in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

Rich

Hello all, it seems a few more people are starting to ask about Larsens range on here, thought Id put up some info on the stuff. Although its not my first choice, Iv used it a fair bit and think it is good sticky.

FLEXIBLE FAST SET

Flexible fast set is a specially formulated, polymer modified, deformable, fast setting, cement based adhesive. It is suitable for bed of 3mm-6mm, interior, exterior, floor and wall application. While it is mainly used up to 6mm bed depth it is suitable for use up to 12mm in isolated areas. It is suitable for areas that are totally immersed in water e.g swimming pools and wet rooms. Flaxible fast set is recommended for fixing ceramic, fully vitrified tiles, natural stone and mosaics to a veriety of substrates including those subject to minor movement/vibration such as under floor heating and properly prepared timber.

• Suitable for: ceamic, marble/natural stone, porcelain, glass, mosaic and terrazzo tiles.
  • Suitable for under floor heating and over sheeted timber
  • Deformable
  • Grout after 2 hours
  • Grey and White
  • BS EN 1200 Type C2SF S1
I have used this adhesive on most of the substrates listed above (Not straight onto timber) and with all of the tile types apart from terrazzo. I find it good to work with, not as creamy to mix up or spread as Mapei but a bit more course. Sets nice and quick but not to fast and when it is set it seems to harden off nicely. My only criticism is the bags it comes in, they seem to really pack the stuff in so there is no air in the bag, this makes the bags difficult to pick up and pour. I have been told that they are changing this though. Also I would say that the white is rather grey.

FLEXIBLE STANDAD SET

Flexible standar set is a specially formulated, polymodified, deformable, standard setting, cement based adhesive. It is suitable for beds of 3mm-6mm, interior, exterior, floor and wall applications. While it is mainly used up to a 6mm bed depthit is suitable for use up to 12mm in isolated areas. It is suitable for areas which are totally immersed in water e.g. swimming pools and wet rooms. Flexible standard set id suitable for fixing ceramic, fully vitrified tiles, natural stone and mosaics to a variety of substrates including those subject to minor movement/vibration such as under floor heating and properly prepared timber.

• Suitable for: ceramic, marble/natural stone, porcelain, glass, mosaic and terrazzo tiles
  • Suitable for under floor heating and over-sheeted timber
  • Deformable
  • Ideal for large format tiles
  • Grout after 18 hours
  • White and grey
  • BS EN 12004 C2 TE S1
I havnt used the standard as much but have used it on mosaics and 900mmx300mm ceramics and had no problems with either. The standard seems to be a cleaner shade of white than the fast set but the same texture. The 900mms sliped a fair bit but that is to be expected with tiles that size and it seemed to grip the mosaics pretty well.

WOODED FLOOR FAST SET

Wooden floor fast set is ideal for fixing directly to wooden based sheets and tongue & groove floor boards. It is a specially formulated cemant based adhesive with a very high polymer content to give exeptional bond to wooden substrates. Wooden floor fast set has been designed to accommodate the minor movement associated with the natural shrinkage and expansion process of correctly prepared wooden floors.

• Suitable for: ceramic, marble/natural stone, porcelain, glass, mosaic and terrazzo tiles
  • Suitable for: Under floor heating, sheeted timber and direct to T&G floor boards
  • Highly deformable
  • Grout after 3 hours
  • Grey and white
  • BS EN 12004 Type CSF S2
This stuff sticks like poop to a blanket!
As a lot of you guys know I really hate tiling straight on to ply, if I have to I use 2-part adhesive but will always over board with a cement board given the choice. I have used this straight onto 22mm ply and seemed to act very much like a 2-part system (Webers WF 21 for e.g.), very thick and course and pretty much horrid to spread and even worse to wash off your fore arms. As long as you know that it goes off very quick and that it is going to be like using a 2-part it is really good stuff.

FAST SET

Fast set is a specially formulated, polymer imporoved, fast setting, cement based adhesive. It is suitable for beds 3mm-6mm, interior, exterior, floor and wall applications. While it is mainly used up to 6mm bed depth it is suitable for use up to 12mm in isolated areas. It is suitable for areas which are totally immersed in water e.g. swimming pools and wet rooms. Fast set is suitable for fixing ceramic, fully vitrified tiles, natural stone and mosaics to a veriety of substrates including heated screeds.

• Suitable for: ceramic, marble/ natural stone, porcelain, glass, mosaic and terrazzo tiles
  • Ideal for fast track projects
  • Polymer improved
  • Grout after 2 hours
  • Grey and white
  • BS EN 12004 Type C2F
This adhesive mixes and feels similar to the flexible fast set but seems to set of much faster,.Rather coarse and you dont want to mix to much up at once.

STANDARD SET

Standard set is a specially formulated, polymer imporved, standard setting, cement based adhesive. It is suitable for beds 3mm-6mm, interior, exterior, floor and wall applications. While it is mainly used up to 6mm bed depth is is suitable for use up to 12mm in isolated areas. It is suitable for areas which are totally emmersed in water e.g. swimming pools and wet rooms. Standard set is suitable for fixing ceramic, fully vitrified tiles, natural stone and mosaics to a veriety of substrates, including heated screeds.

• Ideal for large format wall tiles
  • 5 hour pot life
  • Non-slip
  • White and grey.
I have only used this once so cant say to much about it, seemed to have a very high grab. Apart from that was just a bog standard, standard set adhesive.

Fast Set PTB

Fast set PTB (pourable thick bed) is a specially formulated, polymer improved, pourable,thixotropic cement based adhesive. It is designed for use with large format ceramic floor tiles, ntural stone slabs, deep studded tiles, etc. without the need for back- buttering. Fast set PTB is particularly suitable for solid bed fixing between 5 and 20mm and readily copes with uneven tiles and substrates including heated screeds.

• Suitable for: ceramic, marble/natural stone, porcelain, glass, mosaics and terrazzo tiles
  • Pourable
  • Polymer improved
  • 3-20mm solid bed
  • Grout after 3 hours
  • Grey (White available on request)
  • BS EN 12004 Type C2F
I havnt used this adhesive so I can not coment.

H

hillhead

I have used it all, great prices and a joy to use too.
I have done at least 40 jobs including full houses and no call backs with failures etc with the adhesive.
Personal favorite was their Flexible CTA wall adhesive.

S

Stewart

I buy the Larson's CTA (flexible standard Set) by the pallet and think it's fantastic. I've been using it for about five years and haven't had a single problem with it.

R

Rich

Just wanted to make clear that I put this post together and typed it out myself, it wasnt taken from another site :smilewinkgrin:

C

CB TILING

I have been using Larson adhesives on and off for as long as i have been tiling.The stuff is vary popular with the local tile shops in northern ireland and i hav never had a proplem with their products,good reliable suff.

S

stevee

been using it for the last 20 months, its sold a mile from my house @£** a bag

theyy did warn me the raid set is murder on a hot day, no kidding, so i mix a bit of standard set in with it to slow it up.......works a treat

Reply to Larsen Adhesive info... in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Looking for some technical advice on these tiles please. Our installers fitted this CaPietra...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Will I be setting myself up to fail if I use the Dunlop CF-03 Flexible Fast Set Tile...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay