Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Impey Water Guard System in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi,
I am a keen DIYer and have chosen an Impey Aqua Dec 4 and waterguard tanking kit. The Aqua dec 4 is 1.6x0.9m in size so was as real challenge to get level and properly supported into a concrete bathroom floor. The Dec is completely solid with absolutely no movement anywhere on its surface and the water runaway works a treat. So far so good.

I recently applied tthe BAL prime APD primer to the walls and floor. The walls have a new coat of multi-finish. I have both a floor and wall tanking kit so you get two 500ml containers of primer which I don't think is enough by about half if you apply two coats as per instruction. I left this to dry for over a day and it was dry to the touch.

Today I started to fit the corner pieces and found that they just don't have that much adhesion to either the wall or floor. I did not prime the floor initially as there was not enough of the primer and also since the floor has been levelled with a good quality levelling compound and did not appear to be that porus.

I have since primed the floor which is drying but I just don't think it will make that much difference to the adhesion problem.

My concern is that if the adhesion is this poor, is this going to cause problems when the tile https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and tiles have been added on top (being done by a professional timer).

Has anyone else experienced this kind of problem? Anyone any ideas what to do next would be much appreciated.

Regards
FarmerJo

Reply to Impey Water Guard System in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock