Search the forum,

Discuss Impey Tilesafe Membrane in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

wetdec

ok perhaps criticise is the wrong word, blame would be better, but you do seem to be suggesting that a system might not be suitable because some people are incapable of installing it correcctly.

Make it easy on me please quote the section where I critise, blame or suggest that a system might not be suitable because some people are incapable of installing it correcctly for me so we can all see it

tiler

NickH

TF
Reaction score
Well that is another arguement but its happening and customers are having run back of water due to layering.

You have a 2% fall .......over this you are putting tilesafe then Devi mat which isnt the easiest to handle on the mat then leveling compound not easy to maintain the 2% if its not something you do every day.............

So you advocate tiling over your aqua dec base with UFH despite the fact that building of layers over a former could alter fall patterns and inhibit water drainage. Should this happen and the base need lifting you will lose the UFH for the whole room wont you ?

Well maybe i'm taking this the wrong way but that doesn't sound much like a recommendation to me. I actually think your whole original post was a bit "unfriendly" and I'm sure Impey UK felt the same too. BTW I have no connection with Impey, just expressing a personal opinion here.

W

wetdec

Well that is another arguement but its happening and customers are having run back of water due to layering.

You have a 2% fall .......over this you are putting tilesafe then Devi mat which isnt the easiest to handle on the mat then leveling compound not easy to maintain the 2% if its not something you do every day.............

Well isn’t that a true statement, - there is no injury to product we are talking on theme

So you advocate tiling over your aqua dec base with UFH despite the fact that building of layers over a former could alter fall patterns and inhibit water drainage. Should this happen and the base need lifting you will lose the UFH for the whole room wont you ?

It is a question – then fact again I’m not critisizing and the man answered it as I would,

I wasn’t unfriendly but I did pick up on his first statement which if you read adds a certain doubt as to why Mr Impey just happened to call by.

If you like it was a little like someone calling on you in work saying he had come to explain about gwgwmat as you asked about it……………….then as he was leaving stuck a sticker for gwgwmat on your van

You get me

I

Impey UK

This is all getting a bit out of hand by the look of it - wetdec you clearly are either a very suspcious individual or territorial of your 'advertising space'. As I mentioned in the opening of this thread - the whole point was to explain and hopefully make clear to the installers that use this site as a point of reference and advice what we recommend when fitting the Tilesafe membrane. People are free to make their own decisions - and what works for one installer may not necessarily be the preferance of another.

We 'called by' because forums are a good way for us to get some genuine unbiased feedback on what the trade think of our products - it helps us to gauge where we are getting it right and wrong - which is very important to any business, especially one of our size.

In terms of posting a sticker on your van - is that not something you do every time someone comes to this forum looking for advice?

I made no point of advertising - and when I left a link for people to view how the internal and external corners are formed in Tilesafe (a point you raised - not me) it was deleted.

Argueing on this topic was not the point of the thread and as the users of this forum are capable of making up their own minds on what seems to be going on here I have nothing left to say.

Of course, if people have genuine questions relating to products from Impey UK then we will do our best to answer them.

regards

W

wetdec

In terms of posting a sticker on your van - is that not something you do every time someone comes to this forum looking for advice?
Yes and all sponsors happily pay for the privilage

As I already said :

Its cool to have someone around from Impey as sometimes there are questions that are best answered by yourselves.

Chill... & welcome again
clip_image001.gif
As others have said :

Remember to say hi in the Newbie forum just to let everyone know you are here...

tilersforums.com Tiling & Tile Forum (Tilers Forums)

Dayley people drop in here post about their product drop in a link as pure advertising and move on......

You seem to know your way around forums so will apreciate how important saying hi is in building trust rather than just dropping posts in where you think they will best benefit you. Alternatively you could of contacted the board owner and shown your interest in supporting us.

I am protective of the community.............................

tiler

Last edited by a moderator:
U

uug197h

I for one like the impey product and have fitted a number of them i have also replaced a number of wedi wet rooms with impey because the wedi system was incorrectly fitted by some numpty, we have also fitted under tile heating on to the matting and tiled directly over the wire (you need to take care when doing this but it works) NO NEED for leveling compound so you have maintained the fall

H

Highlander

Think you need a chill pill wetdec no way to welcome anyone new. I have used Impey and have been stuck to the floor a few times even left my leg last time i laid it. End of day guy is only giving advice about the tile safe product no need for the jugular attack for the thoat not as if he was offering half price products.

Anyway you were going to send me samples of your products but never heard anything from you.

So chill mate "every days a good day" :thumbsup:

Highlander

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Think you need a chill pill wetdec no way to welcome anyone new. I have used Impey and have been stuck to the floor a few times even left my leg last time i laid it. End of day guy is only giving advice about the tile safe product no need for the jugular attack for the thoat not as if he was offering half price products.

Anyway you were going to send me samples of your products but never heard anything from you.

So chill mate "every days a good day" :thumbsup:

Highlander
:hurray: :hurray:

T

tilex

As a wet room and bathroom installer i have to say that the impey system is superb and if installed correctly should give no problems

C

cornish_crofter

Question for IMPEY

Can I install one of your formers striaght onto a concrete floor, after digging out some of the screed to give room for bedding down the tray in mortar, and sorting out the drainage?

I have a client who wants me to install a wet room ina 5x3 room. One of your trays (1850 x 900) seems suitable for the job, as I can come out of the room by 12 inches or so. I don't want to have to screed a slope and fit a gulley etc, I would much prefer to use a 100% waterproof product that I can fit to a level and have it run off in the right direction.

However, my research to date regarding your trays gives me conflicting advice.

I

Impey UK

Hi,

yes the Aqua-Dec is suitable for use in both timber and concrete floors. As you said, just remove enough of the screed to bed the 'Dec down onto a mortar bed and allow for the drainage.

We recommend a bed of around 25-30mm dry (ish) 5-1 mix and then after 24 hours to screw and fix the 'Dec into position.

Obviously ensure the Aqua-Dec finishes flush with the surrounding floor.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Impey

W

wetdec

If your using a former into concrete you have 2 options with grp, 1 is the aqua-dec former the other the tuff2 former.

The structure differs in both cases the Impey aqua-dec has a flat bottom and therefore little advantage of grip, the tuff2 former has a hollowed out base with crossing members so has good surface area and ties well when bedded in.

An important factor when laying anything of little depth into concrete is the deflection/vibration can have adverse effect if there isnt a good tie to the adhesive material.

Both the Aqua-dec and tuff2 can be found here :

Impey Aqua-dec Tuff2 wet room former

If you need anything further please shout.

Tiler

C

cornish_crofter

Wetdec

I think I've spoken to you on the phone. We discussed the Impey product but you considered it to be less suitable for a concrete floor than the Tuff2.

One idea I had was to dig out the floor and run some timbers bedded into the concrete, then screw the impey former onto those. On reflection this seems a lot of work when I could just bed it into the mortar.

Using the Impey product would require me to drill holes into the mortar and fix with plugs. One assumes the Tuff2 wouldn't require that treatment, am I right?

If so then the Tuff2 is much more expensive for the size I need (app 1500x900), and I have to cut it down to fit the area I need to do - remember, I'm converting a downstairs toilet to a wet room.

D

Daveyboy

Hi Impey, welcome to the forum....I use the Impey tilesaft membrane and trays and generally don't have a problem with it. However, I don't tend to put the membrane outside the 'wet' area of the wetroom because the underfloor heating sytems I use are not compatible and I really don't like using the mat system this is. Never had a leak so far...touch wood!!

Reply to Impey Tilesafe Membrane in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, I'm doing a wetroom and will be using Ditra Heat Duo membrane for the UFH. I looked...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen