Search the forum,

Discuss Impey Tilesafe Membrane in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

wetdec

Wetdec

I think I've spoken to you on the phone. We discussed the Impey product but you considered it to be less suitable for a concrete floor than the Tuff2.

One idea I had was to dig out the floor and run some timbers bedded into the concrete, then screw the impey former onto those. On reflection this seems a lot of work when I could just bed it into the mortar.

Using the Impey product would require me to drill holes into the mortar and fix with plugs. One assumes the Tuff2 wouldn't require that treatment, am I right?

If so then the Tuff2 is much more expensive for the size I need (app 1500x900), and I have to cut it down to fit the area I need to do - remember, I'm converting a downstairs toilet to a wet room.

Call me and we will try work something out for you m8 thats what I am here for........:thumbsup:

tiler

D

dimsandwich

Hiya, I'm a bit late to this discussion so hope someone picks up my post.

Can anyone tell me what adhesive to use with Tilesafe.
The floor is a suspended floor with celotex between the joists.
Plan is to install 18mm ply onto joists then 6mm aquapanel,
Tank with tilesafe and install devimat 100.

Not decided whether we're using ceramic or stone tiles yet.

So, any comments on the sub-strate plan above warmly invited?
If I go ceramic tile on the floor, what adhesive and what grout should I use?
If I go Stone tile, what adhesive/grout combo would you advise.

Would BAL Gold star with BAL Superflex grout do it?

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I know this is an old thread, I wonder if anyone can help me out. I think I have already read the answer to my question, but this is the beauty of this forum. We can learn from each other. My question is this, I have a wetroom floor to lay using tilesafe tanking system, with warmup ufh. I have overlaid the floor with 6mm Hardie backer ( glued and screwed) I plan to lay the Impey tilesafe over this and then install the ufh. Do I cover the whole floor (including the shower tray) with the warmup ufh. After 43yrs I am not to proud to ask fellow pros for advice:thumbsup: Thanks in advance for any comments:smilewinkgrin:

D

DHTiling

Phil... I have used Impey once and that was onto hardi... it doesn't stick very well to hardi.. IMO you will be better using ply in this instance or another membrane...

Plus i am not well up on the properties of the impey tilesafe and if it is advisable to use it with UFH as it has a bitumen core..

G

Gazebo

Old thread i know but,
Welcome Impey to the forum,
I have used your product a few times before and had the same question ref: tanking the walls with it but just phoned the tec helpline and they answered all my questions.

Easy product to get hold of, and at least you answer the phone.............

Many Thanks

Gary.

p.s. be warned it is properly sticky in warm conditions..and make sure your substrate is completely dust free.:hurray:

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Cheers for that Dave, maybe I will have to prime the hardie board well, (help it stick):thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

I have but some say no as it hinders any remedial work but IMO remedial work would knack the tray anyway.. and if a leak occurs on a drain say for example then i recommend repairing through the ceiling.

So yes.. i have used ufh over a tray.

W

wetdec

I know this is an old thread, I wonder if anyone can help me out. I think I have already read the answer to my question, but this is the beauty of this forum. We can learn from each other. My question is this, I have a wetroom floor to lay using tilesafe tanking system, with warmup ufh. I have overlaid the floor with 6mm Hardie backer ( glued and screwed) I plan to lay the Impey tilesafe over this and then install the ufh. Do I cover the whole floor (including the shower tray) with the warmup ufh. After 43yrs I am not to proud to ask fellow pros for advice:thumbsup: Thanks in advance for any comments:smilewinkgrin:

Your concern is the rating of the warm up m8, the bitumin polimer is only rated too 100w/m so check the ufh. As for cement boards I cant comment but would be guided by Dave on this...

UFH over tray I would say no as if there is a problem you will lose the ufh for the whole roo. Tiles under foot in the shower area warm quickly with the heat of water and heat creaping from the main floor. imo...............:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Time's Ran Out

Having used both in the not too distant past I've found that you can only use the 100watt ufh system on top of the Tilesafe and I've never found a need to include the tray area.

R

Rob Z

John, I just tried to open the link I found for the Impey UK website, but it didn't work for me. I'm curious to learn if the Impey tanking product is a sheet membrane, a liquid, or something else?

Reply to Impey Tilesafe Membrane in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen