Search the forum,

Discuss Impey Tilesafe Membrane in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

jay

We have just used this product on 5 wet rooms in a new build.

We used the preformed corners and brought the tile safe into these. Its on a screeded floor to a Gerbrit Gully system.

We experiensed that the mebrane shrank and pulled the corners away from the wall.Also where the membrane has shrunk it pulled away from the profile within the screed for the slop running along side the horizontal level edge.

Major problem for us. Has any one else experienced this happening?

We have got the manufacture sending a rep out, but as we all know they allways blame some one else rather than say its a product fault.

What other system can anyone recomend? If this product (which was supplied by the client) is found to be at fault.

In the past I have used a matting style material that is laid onto a tile adhesive then smoothed out. It seemed to be a lot less thick and the build up in the corners with the tile safe was around 4mm. Not sure this would bond as well though to the gebrit gully.

Any advise would be greatfully recieved.

regards

any pics .i always use Laticrete Hydroban never had an issue not sure if its available there

B

bigtoe1966

I will take some tomorrow, the architech has sent them of to the UK distributer who is getting RIW out. Trouble is we are running out of time as the tiler is starting on Monday.

Is the Laticrete a bitumen compound or a mating like we have used in the past?

Thanks

B

bigtoe1966

Thanks for this, however we do have a fall within the floor of more than the recommended maximum for the product.

Thanks for the help

J

jay

if you are referring to this/ Maximum deviation in plane must not exceed 6 mm in 3 mwith no more than 1.5 mm in 0.3 m variation between high
spots.

that is standards tolerance http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&s...1fzBAQ&usg=AFQjCNHeHIKWjFxj-CNFPuqwdqhuJtf55w

this may help Broken Link Removed

in general yes it can be applied to swimming pools so the amount of slope is fine (yes it is confusing)the one you picked up on is in regard to substrate and AUS standards

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bigtoe1966

Every thing in life if you read all the instructions is confusing, misleading and most important of all allows the manufactuer to not have any blame what so ever for what ever reason!!!!

That said the manufactuer of this product does not have a rep who can come out and inspect!!!

Luckily the Uk distributer CCL is much more helpfull, says to just cut out the walls/ areas that have shrunk back and repair it all with tape. Which they are sending out tomorrow to site.

Just hope the email of admmision of product failure comes through as promissed so I can claim back lost time spent repairing, sourcing, talking, emailing, worrying and re-fitting and testing!

Still at least I know it wasn't me and I can sleep tonight!

thanks for your help

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just bumping some of the older popular (sometimes not so popular) threads. Probably wont be current discussion these days but I just need to do it. So just ignore the thread if it's not current for you.

Reply to Impey Tilesafe Membrane in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen