Search the forum,

Discuss Impey Tilesafe Membrane in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

I have but some say no as it hinders any remedial work but IMO remedial work would knack the tray anyway.. and if a leak occurs on a drain say for example then i recommend repairing through the ceiling.

So yes.. i have used ufh over a tray.

W

wetdec

I know this is an old thread, I wonder if anyone can help me out. I think I have already read the answer to my question, but this is the beauty of this forum. We can learn from each other. My question is this, I have a wetroom floor to lay using tilesafe tanking system, with warmup ufh. I have overlaid the floor with 6mm Hardie backer ( glued and screwed) I plan to lay the Impey tilesafe over this and then install the ufh. Do I cover the whole floor (including the shower tray) with the warmup ufh. After 43yrs I am not to proud to ask fellow pros for advice:thumbsup: Thanks in advance for any comments:smilewinkgrin:

Your concern is the rating of the warm up m8, the bitumin polimer is only rated too 100w/m so check the ufh. As for cement boards I cant comment but would be guided by Dave on this...

UFH over tray I would say no as if there is a problem you will lose the ufh for the whole roo. Tiles under foot in the shower area warm quickly with the heat of water and heat creaping from the main floor. imo...............:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Time's Ran Out

Having used both in the not too distant past I've found that you can only use the 100watt ufh system on top of the Tilesafe and I've never found a need to include the tray area.

R

Rob Z

John, I just tried to open the link I found for the Impey UK website, but it didn't work for me. I'm curious to learn if the Impey tanking product is a sheet membrane, a liquid, or something else?

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

John, I just tried to open the link I found for the Impey UK website, but it didn't work for me. I'm curious to learn if the Impey tanking product is a sheet membrane, a liquid, or something else?

Its a bitumen membrane Rob:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rob Z

Phil, interesting....is it painted on with a brush or roller? Or troweled on? When you say 'Bitumen" it makes me think of ashpaltic products, which we don't see here anymore.

Markus (SWE) sent me some links one time of the products sold in Sweden, all quite different from what we have here in Canada and the US.

We don't have the trays here like you have there. Our plumbing traps (gulleys?) are different, as well. I think there'd be a market here for some of these products.

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Its nasty stuff to work with , it comes on a roll with a plastic overlay which you peel off , its not suitable for walls if the tiles are over a certain weight.. :thumbsup:
30037.jpg

Last edited:
T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Rob it comes on a roll, it is bitumen with a web binding. It has a removable paper on back and front, you remove the lower paper revealing the sticky bitumen this sticks to the floor. You remove top layer of paper just before tiling, it can be hard to work with. I usualy cover with thin set and let it go off overnight if poss, this way you can walk on it without getting stuck:thumbsup:

Reply to Impey Tilesafe Membrane in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen