Search the forum,

Discuss Impey Tilesafe Membrane in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

uug197h

I for one like the impey product and have fitted a number of them i have also replaced a number of wedi wet rooms with impey because the wedi system was incorrectly fitted by some numpty, we have also fitted under tile heating on to the matting and tiled directly over the wire (you need to take care when doing this but it works) NO NEED for leveling compound so you have maintained the fall

H

Highlander

Think you need a chill pill wetdec no way to welcome anyone new. I have used Impey and have been stuck to the floor a few times even left my leg last time i laid it. End of day guy is only giving advice about the tile safe product no need for the jugular attack for the thoat not as if he was offering half price products.

Anyway you were going to send me samples of your products but never heard anything from you.

So chill mate "every days a good day" :thumbsup:

Highlander

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Think you need a chill pill wetdec no way to welcome anyone new. I have used Impey and have been stuck to the floor a few times even left my leg last time i laid it. End of day guy is only giving advice about the tile safe product no need for the jugular attack for the thoat not as if he was offering half price products.

Anyway you were going to send me samples of your products but never heard anything from you.

So chill mate "every days a good day" :thumbsup:

Highlander
:hurray: :hurray:

T

tilex

As a wet room and bathroom installer i have to say that the impey system is superb and if installed correctly should give no problems

C

cornish_crofter

Question for IMPEY

Can I install one of your formers striaght onto a concrete floor, after digging out some of the screed to give room for bedding down the tray in mortar, and sorting out the drainage?

I have a client who wants me to install a wet room ina 5x3 room. One of your trays (1850 x 900) seems suitable for the job, as I can come out of the room by 12 inches or so. I don't want to have to screed a slope and fit a gulley etc, I would much prefer to use a 100% waterproof product that I can fit to a level and have it run off in the right direction.

However, my research to date regarding your trays gives me conflicting advice.

I

Impey UK

Hi,

yes the Aqua-Dec is suitable for use in both timber and concrete floors. As you said, just remove enough of the screed to bed the 'Dec down onto a mortar bed and allow for the drainage.

We recommend a bed of around 25-30mm dry (ish) 5-1 mix and then after 24 hours to screw and fix the 'Dec into position.

Obviously ensure the Aqua-Dec finishes flush with the surrounding floor.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Impey

W

wetdec

If your using a former into concrete you have 2 options with grp, 1 is the aqua-dec former the other the tuff2 former.

The structure differs in both cases the Impey aqua-dec has a flat bottom and therefore little advantage of grip, the tuff2 former has a hollowed out base with crossing members so has good surface area and ties well when bedded in.

An important factor when laying anything of little depth into concrete is the deflection/vibration can have adverse effect if there isnt a good tie to the adhesive material.

Both the Aqua-dec and tuff2 can be found here :

Impey Aqua-dec Tuff2 wet room former

If you need anything further please shout.

Tiler

C

cornish_crofter

Wetdec

I think I've spoken to you on the phone. We discussed the Impey product but you considered it to be less suitable for a concrete floor than the Tuff2.

One idea I had was to dig out the floor and run some timbers bedded into the concrete, then screw the impey former onto those. On reflection this seems a lot of work when I could just bed it into the mortar.

Using the Impey product would require me to drill holes into the mortar and fix with plugs. One assumes the Tuff2 wouldn't require that treatment, am I right?

If so then the Tuff2 is much more expensive for the size I need (app 1500x900), and I have to cut it down to fit the area I need to do - remember, I'm converting a downstairs toilet to a wet room.

D

Daveyboy

Hi Impey, welcome to the forum....I use the Impey tilesaft membrane and trays and generally don't have a problem with it. However, I don't tend to put the membrane outside the 'wet' area of the wetroom because the underfloor heating sytems I use are not compatible and I really don't like using the mat system this is. Never had a leak so far...touch wood!!

Reply to Impey Tilesafe Membrane in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen