Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Hygrometer in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

culrossblue

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Good evening all.
Looking for a bit of advice regarding hygrometers. Got a 150m2 gyvlon floor coming up in a couple of weeks and I am really tight with drying times. The floor is worth a fair bit and have it booked for the run up to Xmas. Santa is relying on it! I've done a few floors on Gyvlon/Anhydrite but have just went with the 'its been down for months' 'it needs done' train of thought. Now ive got a few in the future and its about time i invested in a hygrometer. Been looking at the Tramex CMEX2. Although very pricey its seems to be the real deal.
Does anybody have any experience with this fellow? or would anyone recommend something different.
Thanks for your time. :thumbsup:

W

White Room

Got to say if the floor isn't ready by xmas then it can't done....no nothing about the particular Tramex you ask about.

I

Ian

Not heard of that hygrometer. It's probably worth mentioning that you'll need more than 1 to test a floor that size.

culrossblue

TF
Arms
Reaction score
According to the videos on the website its just a case of pushing the sensors on the back of the meter into the screed and it gives you an automatic reading. Walk about, push it in here and there. Sorted. All for £400.
Was on a job recently and the floor layer (wood) came in and tested the living area. He was out the place in 5 minutes. He seemed to think that this meter complied to all standards and was the only meter that did so. He had the full kit for putting probes into the floor (which he didn't use) We tilers surely don't need to go to such lengths.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Good survey tool but none of the elec5ronic mters meet the British standard. If your gonna spend that skirt of money but a carbide bomb kit. Much more accurate and just as quick.

culrossblue

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Good survey tool but none of the elec5ronic mters meet the British standard. If your gonna spend that skirt of money but a carbide bomb kit. Much more accurate and just as quick.

Thanks for the reply.
What kit would you recommend? For similar money

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Contact Matthew Farmer of CCF and ask him for a carbide bomb kit.

Reply to Hygrometer in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks