Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Help - is this as bad as I think it is? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Our tiler has just left and I think he has made a mess of the bathroom but I’m not an expert so Can you help....

He hasn’t grouted yet just applied the tiles, but on one wall by the window and then the opposite end by the shower cubical he has used really thin bits of tile - why??

Also the cuts in the window are really rough. See pics....

Is this bad what should I do when he comes back tomorrow. To remove the thin bits would mean re doing the whole wall??

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

EazyTileZ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Can’t think why they have added the 2 slithers 🤔 Its a relatively easy fix. Just needs that secrion removing then centre that part of wall and have 2 big cuts. And the sill tile just needs recutting on a tile cutter ( looks like its been grinded with a cheap blade) Hope you get it sorted

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Looking at it the two thin bits are there because that section is centred. General quality looks fine to me. Can't see an issue with thin bits as long as they're properly glued. Sill tile looks a little chipped but grouting will possibly sort that or as eazytz says remove and cut a new one with a better cutter.

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Would you not centre it then?

Turbz

-
Reaction score
Personally yes
Everyone works differently I know, but if you are going to have a cut tile into the shower tiles, it might as well be a larger cut tile.
I know it’s centred, but I would Center the tile on the Center line as my starting point.

Reply to Help - is this as bad as I think it is? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock