Discuss Help - is this as bad as I think it is? in the UK Tiling Forum | Tile Advice Forum area at TilersForums.com

M

Mel9999

-
What member type are you?
Homeowner
Our tiler has just left and I think he has made a mess of the bathroom but I’m not an expert so Can you help....

He hasn’t grouted yet just applied the tiles, but on one wall by the window and then the opposite end by the shower cubical he has used really thin bits of tile - why??

Also the cuts in the window are really rough. See pics....

Is this bad what should I do when he comes back tomorrow. To remove the thin bits would mean re doing the whole wall??

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

EazyTileZ

EazyTileZ

TF
Can’t think why they have added the 2 slithers 🤔 Its a relatively easy fix. Just needs that secrion removing then centre that part of wall and have 2 big cuts. And the sill tile just needs recutting on a tile cutter ( looks like its been grinded with a cheap blade) Hope you get it sorted

A

Ajax123

TF
Supporter
Arms
Reactions
862 6
Looking at it the two thin bits are there because that section is centred. General quality looks fine to me. Can't see an issue with thin bits as long as they're properly glued. Sill tile looks a little chipped but grouting will possibly sort that or as eazytz says remove and cut a new one with a better cutter.

T

Turbz

-
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler, Bathroom Fitter, Kitchen Fitter, Floor Fitter
Personally I wouldn’t put the small cuts in

T

Turbz

-
Professional Wall and Floor Tiler, Bathroom Fitter, Kitchen Fitter, Floor Fitter
Personally yes
Everyone works differently I know, but if you are going to have a cut tile into the shower tiles, it might as well be a larger cut tile.
I know it’s centred, but I would Center the tile on the Center line as my starting point.

Reply to Help - is this as bad as I think it is? in the UK Tiling Forum | Tile Advice Forum area at TilersForums.com

Tiling Forum

Get free wall and floor tiling advice from TilersForums.com's Tiling Forum. Both DIY and professional wall and floor tilers use this forum to make sure their tiling is spot on.

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.