Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Handy Protection Sheet Left Printed Like Lines All Of Porcelain Tiles in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi I have a bit of an issue. Had some tiles laid down, and the builder put Antinox Handy Protection Sheet over them, to protect the tiles while he was working

Now when the protection sheets were removed it seems the lined print pattern of the mats has printed onto the porcelain tiles. I have tried using ltp Grimex, cif, household cleaning products, nothing seems to shift them, its like its part of the tiles now, all the floor tiles have it. Its like a pattern in the tiles, when I brush my hands over the tile, the tiles feels smooth, normal, when i put water on them. i can see the water kind of drying along the lines (the pattern of the sheet) its weird. The tiles pretty much looks and feel normal, but you can only see the lines from certain angles, its like lined smudges, uniformed pattern of the matts

I took a picture of the tiles, but my camera does not pick up the lines, so i can't even show you

This is a toolstation image of the mats that were used

Can anyone please give me any advice as to how i can remove them, that is if i can remove them

Attachments

• 50070-8.jpg
    50070-8.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
OP
Ian Lee
Reaction score
Can you post a pic of the tiled area as well please
Sure only issue is the camera does not pick up the lines, i tried different angles, but does not pick up what I can see. You can see them when you stand above them and the light hits. I tried to circle a portion in the image where the camera may have slightly picked up the lines . They are horizontal lines, same pattern as the lines on the matts.

Attachments

• IMG_20210219_215548141.jpg
    IMG_20210219_215548141.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20210219_215604055.jpg
    IMG_20210219_215604055.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20210219_215532143.jpg
    IMG_20210219_215532143.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20210219_215609850.jpg
    IMG_20210219_215609850.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20210219_215554279.jpg
    IMG_20210219_215554279.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20210219_215616900.jpg
    IMG_20210219_215616900.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 9
  • grr.jpg
    grr.jpg
    211.3 KB · Views: 12
OP
Ian Lee
Reaction score
I can see them. Does it say on the box to seal the tiles.
There is no mention of sealing on the box, all it says on the box is a set of installation instructions one being "Don't let setting material or grout dry or harden on the surface of the tile"

On the website where I purchased them from it says the floor tiles have been pre-sealed

"This travertine effect porcelain tile has been pre-sealed during manufacturing, so it doesn't require further sealing during or immediately after fixing
"

But I was reading the reviews from customers and someone wrote they are not pre-sealed and that they had to purchase a sealer for them

"This tile is beautiful, expensive looking and makes the kitchen look better.
Only downside was that its not a pre-sealed tile, I have to buy a tile sealant and do that myself.
Other than that its just what i needed. I purchased only the tiles here, the accessories i.e. https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ i found cheaper elsewhere."

Can I ask what significance would them not being sealed have on the tiles? Sorry for the questions, I am just trying to understand

OP
Ian Lee
Reaction score
Ok I just saw someone else say the website information is wrong and the tiles are not pre sealed

"Topps told customer they are pre sealed but they aren't. They are covered in transport wax that you'll need to strip off before sealing."

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ok I just saw someone else say the website information is wrong and the tiles are not pre sealed

"Topps told customer they are pre sealed but they aren't. They are covered in transport wax that you'll need to strip off before sealing."
I was just going to say it would be a transit wax , Grimex should remove it no probs, what dilution did you use.

Reply to Handy Protection Sheet Left Printed Like Lines All Of Porcelain Tiles in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock