Search the forum,

Discuss granite tiles for outdoor steps honed in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

GC-Terrazzo

A guy has asked if i can get him a sample of honed granite for his back steps, im polishing his front terrazzo insitu steps next week.

D

DHTiling

Now.. i don't think i have seen many honed ones about.. some speckled ones but blacks etc tend to be polished.. can you not just hone them..?

G

GC-Terrazzo

Just looked it up on google sounds like a lot of work would be better trying to find a honed granite also its a gray granite the guys asked for.

D

DHTiling

All you are doing is taking down the surface from a polish to around 200 to 400 grit honed finish... but i agree.. buying is easier,,:lol:

S

Spud

google" flame textured granite" it is far better for steps than honed granite has a rougher more nonslip surface ,the granite is passed in front of gas blow torches and the surface flakes off and gives a rough finish ideal for steps and paving etc try pisani uk if you have trouble finding a supplier

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to granite tiles for outdoor steps honed in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All! Total DIY’er here- we’re in a project house which has drained us, and one of the final...
Replies
Views
Shower Tile Repair - Tile Waterproofing in Brownstown MI. Schluter wet room conversion 24h...
Replies
Views
Hey first time on this forum. I have a problem I think. Me and my Dad were tilling a cement slab...
Replies
Views
Hey guys I have a small bathroom but water seems to leak to the kitchen. I realised under the...
Replies
Views
Hey all, New to the forum so go easy ;) I've finished tiling my bathroom floor with honed...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen