Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss granfix grout patching in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

tiler32

Hi gents, I've used granfix maxi grout today for the first time and this has happened!!! Used plenty of clean water and a wash boy as normal. Anyone else had this happen??
Cheers (first time poster)!!!

S

Sean SML Tiling

Efflorescence. Granfix is known for it. You have left too much water on the grout surface and its caused it to dry patchy.

M

Mr Tiler

Ive used it a fair few times with no issue... But i don't use a wash boy simple sponge and clean water rinsed out very well

STEVO

TF
Reaction score
Efflorescence. Granfix is known for it. You have left too much water on the grout surface and its caused it to dry patchy.

Agree with that. I hate the stuff. Generally you are ok with the White and limestone , but the greys in particular are known for going really patchy. And I don't like the charcoal as I think it dries too light to be called charcoal !
I have to use it as it's what's supplied with the work I'm doing at the moment. But me and the other tiler have been on at the supplying showroom to change grout brand to something we can trust !

S

Sean SML Tiling

Agree with that. I hate the stuff. Generally you are ok with the White and limestone , but the greys in particular are known for going really patchy. And I don't like the charcoal as I think it dries too light to be called charcoal !
I have to use it as it's what's supplied with the work I'm doing at the moment. But me and the other tiler have been on at the supplying showroom to change grout brand to something we can trust !

Grey is bad but the brown is worse lol

M

Mr Tiler

I havnt used the darker greys but i have used the brown, light grey, limestone a few times and ive had no issues.... Maybe it is best used with a hand sponge rather than a washboy as im sure id have had the same issue as most if using a washboy

M

mike1979

I've never had an issue with granfix grout use it regular I use a wash boy but also finish it was a sponge if that makes sense but I will take note of this just incase

Reply to granfix grout patching in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks