Discuss Floor to tile in France.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spare Tool

Ok so just putting this out there for a mate of mine to see if anyone would like to take on approximately 30 sqm kitchen floor in the south of France (was newly screeded in Sept) Work is scheduled for some time to suit both parties in March.
I was originally going to do this job for him but my circumstances have changed and am now unable to do it for him..
The floor will be prepped with insulation boards and ufh cables laid. He is an electrician and very competent and have advised him on the proper procedures for this and I'm confident he will follow my instructions to the letter..
It will require a final top coat of slc before fixing tiles as i would want it that way myself. All materials are on site..(Ultra 2part slc and Ultra standard set adhesive, i know this because i ordered it all and he's already shipped it out there) Tiles are 600x300 porcelain to be laid Herringbone.
Mixers buckets tile cutter trowels angle grinders on site. Water and power are all on.
All flight and hire car costs paid for (flights from Manchester to Bilbao with my client, then he will drive you to site approximately 2 hours away) and accommodation/food etc is on site. I have advised him job should take roughly a 5 day week, although i haven't quoted as such and no labour price has been discussed as yet..
Shouldn't really have to state this as its in the arms but no dot and babbers are welcome and only tilers that consider themselves competent to achieve a 100% job need apply, and no messers please, if you are half sure about it then don't bother.. Please do not be offended if I don't know you and may require some references of previously completed projects..
If anybody is seriously interested in this opportunity or have any questions please ask? Thanks Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dumbo

But dot and dab is best thing for ufh as it allows warm air to circulate under the floor for even heat distribution . If you don't believe look at bs 5385 part 5 subsection 6 under the heading of how to bull crap yourself out a bad instalation

B

Bill

I love France and especially the food & vin.

I might be able to squeeze it in Andy. Worked in France a couple of times.

Last time I was there - the locals were charging day rates and the Brit ex pats were non-plussed by their quotes. Is this for an ex pat?

S

Spare Tool

Thanks Tom, I have another interested in pm also so will update on that as soon as I can..
In answer to your question he is English, still lives here but been doing the property up over a couple of years with a view to moving out there permanently when the house, and he's ready to make the move.. He's a self employed electrician so has a grip on the rates we work for over here..

T

Time's Ran Out

Last time I was having my lunch break in the South of France!
4 trips of 10 days each.
Great experience !
BD42FDF9-7EE5-4ECA-8164-963392F6F7F4.png

Reply to Floor to tile in France.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello I'm new to tiling my first flooring job it's 42sqm in 600x 200 floor tiles (wood effect)...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I’m new to this forum so apologies if already discussed but couldn’t find anything...
Replies
Views
We are currently re-doing our bathroom. Everything has been stripped back. Property is a 1930's...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay