Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Floor grouting issues?? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

Gnrbytile

Hi,

I posted a question a few weeks ago regarding a non paying customer. I have a follow up question regarding the kitchen floor job I completed for her.
After two and a half months she has emailed me saying she's not happy with the grouting on the floor as it isn't flush with the tile surface, ie it's not creating a completely flat floor so every time she washes the floor the water goes in the grout lines. I have politely replied that generally using a grout profile tool on 3mm grout lines there will be a slight depression unless you use tiles with bevelled edges.
Apparently as she is not a tiler she has watched loads of videos on YouTube and everyone leaves a completely flat floor.
Does anybody out there finish their grouting completely level with the floor tiles on all of their jobs, maybe it's just me.
I've even sent her pictures of floors from Google. Not sure what further I can say to her.
If you aren't happy you aren't happy I guess.
Thanks

B

Bill

Terrazzo and marble floors that have been polished after grouting will have flush grout but without the polishing (grinding) of the floor, it is nigh on impossible to get flush joints.

You can get it better by leaving the grout to firm up more but it still leaves a depression.

S

Spare Tool

Just read your previous thread to do with this job, sounds like she's clinging to any reason possible not to pay you, get a solicitors letter threatening action sent recorded delivery, only had any issue like this once and although I didn't get payment in full, received about 80% of bill, took the rest (couple of hundred £'s) on the chin and let it go...sometimes the stressing is worse than the actual money owed

O

One Day

Legal letter immediately.
It's a crazy lady.
If it goes to small claims (moneyclaim.gov) you will win so just start the process.
I had similar a few years ago and after my letter from moneyclaim.gov she called me next day offering 70%. Stuck to my guns and after 10mins on the phone I had full payment.

O

One Day

Even had one who claimed the grout was discoloured.
After messing around with visits and the mapei rep coming out, it turned out she had coloured her hair and "might have spilt a little".
:mad:

O

One Day

What was your dispute over mark ?

I was recommended by a builder who had loads of other trades subbing for him.
I met with and quoted the customer directly and worked independently.
She had a massive fall out with the builder and I turned up at the house one morning to find it locked and a notice saying work was suspended.
I had one day left to grout the wetroom I had installed.
After sensitively waiting a few weeks, I chased payment.
Then I got a letter saying I should pursue the builder as I was subbing.
Thankfully I had a complete paper and email trail so my case was watertight.

F

Flintstone

Terrible! I am very trusting, I guess you just never know how things will turn out

Reply to Floor grouting issues?? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks